Looping - ProTeacher Community

mhb6108

Looping
Old 04-13-2009, 04:42 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Does anyone have a letter informing parents about looping with students and inviting students to loop? I will be moving to fourth grade next year and want to extend the invitation to my students to move with me. Thanks for your help.

mhb6108 is offline   Reply With Quote

deb603

Old 04-13-2009, 03:52 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I think this is something that should come from your administrator.
deb603 is offline   Reply With Quote

lala30

I just printed my letter today...
Old 04-13-2009, 04:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

The letter was sent home today to loop from fourth to fifth. I did check the letter with my admin just to be sure it was what they wanted. I can't attach yet so... here it is!

Dear Families,
I have the wonderful opportunity to teach at ###### again next year, I will be teaching fifth grade! This has given my class an opportunity to “loop”. Looping is when a class stays with the same teacher and advances a grade. I am looking forward to this opportunity because of the many benefits that I see from this option. For students, the benefits of looping include reduced apprehension at starting a new school year, increased continuity, and more in-depth relationships with teacher and with peers. For me, the benefits of looping consist of working with students and parents for longer periods of time and already knowing and feeling comfortable with the students and their families. Research has shown that the long-term relationships established through looping have been shown to support student learning.
If you do not want your student to loop with our class to fifth grade, please fill out the bottom and return as soon as possible. If I do not get a response back from you, your student will be placed in my class next year.
I have thoroughly enjoyed your children this year and will understand if some families do not want to take advantage of this choice.

Thank You,

I would like my child, ___________ to stay with ##### for 5th Grade.

Please place my child ___________ in another fifth grade class.
lala30 is offline   Reply With Quote

MrsPsop

how are you going to feel
Old 04-13-2009, 08:43 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

if parents actually say they want a different teacher for fifth grade?????

I have looped before from 5th to 6th - even switched buildings with my students. The parents were not given a choice. The administration made a decision and that was that.

Good luck to you. I had a great experience. Although about Feb of year two we were beginning to be like a family that has been on an 18 hour car ride. Real sick of each other. So we had a talk about how our situation wasn't going to change and we had to deal with it for another 4 months. Once I addressed it, things changed!
MrsPsop is offline   Reply With Quote