Jingo Games - ProTeacher Community

sambrolaw

Jingo Games
Old 04-16-2009, 12:40 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Has anyone ever used the Jingo games in their classrooms? Do the kids enjoy them? What is your thoughts on them? I have looked at the games several times but have not purchased them because I can't decide if they're worth the money.

sambrolaw is offline   Reply With Quote

NeeCee

I've Used Them
Old 04-16-2009, 12:54 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

When I taught 5th grade I used the Westward Expansion and the States and Capitals games. My students loved playing them Bingo style, but they also just made up their own games for using the cards. Most of all they really did learn and remember the information, which is the most important thing.

Why don't you make this a Donor's Choose proposal and get tons of them?
NeeCee is offline   Reply With Quote

OmahaTeacher

Old 04-16-2009, 03:00 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Kids love any kind of games in my opinion. I make cleaning up our floor at the end of the day into a game and they love it, but that's beside the point. I have a Nebraska Jingo game that I play during NE history that is really fun, but also educational. It's like playing Bingo, but actually teaches them something in the process. They aren't that expensive. You can always just get one and try it out.
OmahaTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote

Bapa

Jingo
Old 04-17-2009, 04:23 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I have a Beginning of the Year Jingo game. It's fun, but we only play it once and then it's put away til the next year!
Bapa is offline   Reply With Quote

gd2bqn

Jingo
Old 04-18-2009, 04:42 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I was just going around the bldg. yesterday asking every teacher for the States and Capitols Jingo or Springtime Jingo. Almost all teachers were like "What's Jingo?". Surely, I wasn't the only one who used these before?

I use these with my 4th graders when they have earned their Friday Funday. They actually do learn from these games because they are just that-games!

Now, I need to go purchase these games that I'm missing.

gd2bqn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tigercat

Jingo games
Old 04-18-2009, 05:30 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

My class just played the spring jingo game on Friday. I have the Christmas one, Beg. of School, and Valentine's games. My class loves them. We play several rounds, and the winner each time becomes the new caller of the clues. (gives me a little break)
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
jdemps

jdemps

They're great!
Old 06-03-2009, 06:35 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I am an elementary science teacher and have several of the Jingo game--Weather, Geology, Space--they are great fun! I use them in different ways w/ different grades. For primary, we just use the vocab words and/or pictures. (Use a DocuCam to project the pictures, or make a master copy on an overhead and cross them off as they are called--even young kids can match the pictures) For the upper grades (4-6) we play in more of a Jeopardy style and students get points or a small prize (sticker, jolly rancher) for identifying the correct word, then everyone who has it marks it on their Jingo card. We have done a team version of the games also...they are very versatile. I like to use them at the end of a unit as we are reviewing for a test, or they make for easy lesson plans for a sub.