Help

ARCHIVE

Ideas for Pregnant Teacher Gift

>

mrsiggy

Ideas for Pregnant Teacher Gift
Old 04-29-2009, 07:07 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I co-teach with a wonderful teacher who is planning on going out on maternity leave the beginning of June for her second baby. This year has been a bit "interesting" to say the least! Some of our parents have made it very stressful for her because she is leaving before the year is over, and she is in need of a serious pick-me-up!I really want to do something nice to remind her how amazing she is and how much the students appreciate and love her. I know I could have each child write a reason why they like their teacher & I could make it into a book, but I was hoping someone out there had a more creative idea! Thanks everyone!

mrsiggy is offline   Reply With Quote

NYshopgirl

Old 04-29-2009, 07:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I'm not sure if this works because this is her 2nd baby, but... it'd be cute for the kids to start their writing with, "You are going to be a great mom because....(you always help me), (you are always patient), (you always make me feel better when I'm sad), etc....
NYshopgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

StephR

Old 04-29-2009, 07:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

For one of the teachers this year, I went into her class and had them all write, "How to take care of a baby" essays. They then took one of those ideas and drew a simple picture of it (ie: You need to change the baby's diapers...they drew a pic of a diaper or a person changing one)

Next I scanned those pics into the computer, and printed them out on iron-on transfers. I ironed the pics onto onesies, burp cloths, receiving blankets, and bibs.

The essays and original artwork I made into a scrapbook. The clothes and stuff, I rolled up and tied each with a ribbon. All of it was presented to her in a nice tray type thing she could use in the nursery.

She LOVED it.
StephR is offline   Reply With Quote