Help

ARCHIVE

Last night I had THE dream...

>

5thGrdTeachTN

Last night I had THE dream...
Old 08-07-2006, 12:27 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

where it is the first day of school and my classroom set up/decoration is not completed and I can not gain control of my new class to save my life! This will be my 6th year of teaching and I have had this dream each and every summer of my career. I am known to be super organized and my classroom management is always listed as above standard in observations, so I'm not sure why I always have this dream.

This year I am starting at a new school, and will be the only 5th grade teacher. So this year's dream included an unfinsihed room, no management, and NO lesson plans. I have only had one really awful year of teaching, and that was my first year, so I really don't know why this dream comes back to "haunt" me every summer. I guess it's just fear of the unknown, but I have to know...does anyone else have dreams like this before the start of school?

5thGrdTeachTN is offline   Reply With Quote

Ilvtching

Sure thing....
Old 08-07-2006, 12:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

After reading another post on here about all the dreams teachers had about back to school I had one too! I have at least one every year but never a month before school starts. I am teaching a new grade this year so I am just waiting for the dreams or nightmares to start!
Ilvtching is offline   Reply With Quote

mom2twoboys

I HATE that dream!
Old 08-07-2006, 12:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I have that dream too. Sometimes it turns into not only out of control classroom managment, but the kids won't LEAVE my room at the end of the day. Man that would be BAD!!
mom2twoboys is offline   Reply With Quote

TX Teacher

school dreams
Old 08-07-2006, 04:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I had a dream about school 2 nights ago. I thought I was teaching 3rd grade but the students were all older and wouldn't listen to a word I said. No one filled me in on lunch or rotation class times and none of the teachers would help me answer the questions I had! The class was disorganized and I had so many duties in the morning on the 1st day of school that I couldn't get any copies made. I had no activities planned the whole first day, things were still in boxes, and it was chaos!

I hate these kind of dreams! My husband even says I will talk in my sleep saying, "I told you to be quiet!" or "Sit down now!"
TX Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

roo

not yet, but
Old 08-07-2006, 07:10 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

last year I had a different one. In my dream, I was very late for school on the first day. I rushed in well after school had started. I went to my classroom, but no one was there. I had to roam the halls looking for my class, but I was frantic, because I didn't even know how I would recognize them for sure! This was a weird dream! I decided it meant I felt unprepared. (BTW, I got to school on time and ended up with a pretty great class last year!)

roo is offline   Reply With Quote

MrsG

Old 08-07-2006, 07:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I have that same dream too (love the THE in caps!) I, too, am known to be super organized and have great classroom management/discipline. I think we are a bit too critical of ourselves.

Oh, and as an added horror, when I last had The Dream (right after accepting my new job), this time I was topless!
MrsG is offline   Reply With Quote

AmyH

ohhh...
Old 08-08-2006, 04:34 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I hate that dream! I haven't had it yet but we still have two weeks before kids...

It makes for a restless night because I just want to get up to check my plan book...
AmyH is offline   Reply With Quote

♥theColts

Insomnia
Old 08-08-2006, 09:46 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

Along with the dreams, the insomnia just started. I have done this every year so far. After a few days back in school, however, it always stops.
♥theColts is offline   Reply With Quote