Help

ARCHIVE

Returning Graded Work

>

kyteacher

Returning Graded Work
Old 08-08-2006, 06:35 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Do you have some type of form that you staple graded work to in order to send it home? Do you require that the form be signed and returned?
How often do you send home graded work?

kyteacher is offline   Reply With Quote

Mom4a_and_c

graded papers
Old 08-08-2006, 06:42 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I send graded papers home every Friday. They go home in a folder. I stamp each page that I want signed and returned. I mark on the inside of the folder how many papers are being sent home. I hope this helps.

Marie from PA
Mom4a_and_c is offline   Reply With Quote

vateacher

Old 08-08-2006, 06:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I send home work in our school's friday envelope. I use the bright pink stickers highlights sends that say "please sign and return" for papers I want signed. I never use them for anything else so why not recycle? I also have a special letter I send for when center work is inappropriate for the week or I notice a specific problem. I've attached it to this post in case this is what you're looking for. I only use it when there's a huge problem and I usually wait til the second half of the year to send it home once the kids are really clear on what's expected. Most of what goes home stays there unless there's a problem. I hope this helps!
Attached Files
File Type: doc Incomplete Work Letter.doc (20.5 KB, 114 views)
vateacher is offline   Reply With Quote

JKB

Monday Progress Reports
Old 08-08-2006, 07:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I send my students' work home on Mondays, in a Weekly Progress Report. (I tried sending it on Fridays, but it was nice to have the weekend to prepare them, if I ran out of time at school!) YES, I do have a form that parents sign, just so that I know they saw their child's work. For more details, I posted additional information on a different post under time saving tips:

http://www.proteacher.net/discussion...ad.php?t=15796

Hope this is helpful! JKB
JKB is offline   Reply With Quote

pickleo

Sending graded work home
Old 08-09-2006, 03:39 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I would send home every Friday in a "Friday Folder" (one side said "Leave at Home," the other side said "Return".). The work was to stay home unless it was stamped "signed" or placed on the 'return' side of the folder.

pickleo is offline   Reply With Quote

tweet

friday folder
Old 08-09-2006, 04:57 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I do send home a half sheet form for the parents to sign indicating they have seen the child's work--not that half of them actually do look at it, but they sign anyway. I do not require any of the work to be returned as we don't do portfolios and I don't want the paper clutter. I staple all the week's work together along w/ the note to be signed. This prevents all but the craftiest 3rd grader from "losing" papers they don't want Mom and Dad to see. For some reason, most 3rd graders don't figure out that they could tear the paper out of the stack before showing it to the parents. I'LL never tell! Anyway, parents sign the note and tear it off and return it to school.
tweet is offline   Reply With Quote