Help

ARCHIVE

Office Depot Deal!

>

Socks

Office Depot Deal!
Old 08-08-2006, 07:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I went to Office Depot on Sunday and bought 45 ten cent pencil boxes. I needed five more so I called another one, had them hold them for me (I was on my way) and got my other five. When I got home I realized I counted wrong and needed one more. I called all of the surrounding Office Depot's and they were all out. Most of them said to try back throughout the week because they'd have more trucks coming in. I stopped at the one by my school today after our In-Service to check and they were out. However, there was a sign about seeing an employee to order some. Well, I found the same guy who had held them for me on Sunday and he told me that they just found out that the pencil boxes that were on sale for 2/$1.99 were just reduced to ten cents as well! When I found this out, I decided to get more than just the one that I really needed as I could use the more sturdy ones in the room and the ones I've already purchased (a bit more flimsy) could be used as prizes. Well, of course they were out. But, he took my name and number (and all of the information about the pencil boxes I needed) and said he'd call me when they came in. Because I can be there within a few hours of when he calls, he said he'd pull them and save them for me as well! He clearly could care less about the 5 box limit!

Just a little reminder of "it doesn't hurt to ask"!

Socks is offline   Reply With Quote

NJ Teacher

You were lucky
Old 08-09-2006, 05:10 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

They were out of them in my area also. I haven't checked back about the $1.99 ones because both Office Depots in my area are a bit of a drive and it isn't worth the extra costs of gas. I do wish they didn't post any limits if they are going to override them. People who "play by the rules" or who have salespeople who are not as accommodating as the ones you dealt with make it not so fair for everyone else.
NJ Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

choosejoy

My office depot
Old 08-09-2006, 08:01 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

always follows the limits. When I asked if I could buy more than 5 packs of colored pencils as there was a huge inventory and the sale had been on for 3 days already, you would have thought I asked for a kidney!
choosejoy is offline   Reply With Quote

MsYork

Old 08-09-2006, 09:06 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Yes, I felt the same way. I left without buying anything.

I really wanted a set of pencil boxes too.
MsYork is offline   Reply With Quote

ABBA

Dissapointed In Office Depot
Old 08-09-2006, 09:06 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I've been trying to buy the 10 cent pencil boxes this week. I'm planning to use them as prizes for my class. I've been to two Office Depots twice this week and so far I was able to buy only 10 pencil boxes. Since they are selling these pencil boxes at such a great price you would think that they would have a large supply of them in stock.
Since teachers love to reward their students with inexpensive prizes it only makes sense to me to allow a teacher to purchase a set of pencil boxes for her class by showing her teacher card instead of having a limit of 5 per customer. I think I'll email them about this.

ABBA is offline   Reply With Quote

mrsb203

office depot
Old 08-09-2006, 10:14 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

My 1st trip I went to the one near school and got 5 sets of colored pencils --no boxes in stock. Came home and read how everyone was getting more than the limit. Sooo I went to the one near my house and it just so happened that the cashier was someone I knew from school. I asked if she was going to hold me to the limit and she made that cute funny face and I got 25 more. They were out of pencil cases too.
MsPropel the one near my house is probably the one near where you work.
I'm one my way to the Scholastic warehouse sale and perhaps stop in office depot again.
I'm going to be bankrupt before school starts.
mrsb203 is offline   Reply With Quote

Socks

It turns out...
Old 08-09-2006, 05:55 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I have made friends with the guy from Office Depot now. He tried to help me out but apparantly it's coming down from the corporate offices not to allow more than five. Even though they had what I needed today, I was only allowed five. I had a friend with me so she got five for me too. We're going to try tomorrow at lunch time to see if we can get more. I feel like a crazy person trying to do this! I could never do it all of the time like some people do!

mrsb203 - We must be talking about the same Office Depot because while I was down there today, I hit up the Scholastic Warehouse sale as well! I am with you though, I'm broke already and we don't get paid for another week. Hopefully (once I get all the boxes I need) I'll be too busy in my room to keep shopping! It is finally ready for me to get in and get started!
Socks is offline   Reply With Quote

mrsb203

Old 08-09-2006, 07:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

And I'm trying to get one ready to go back to college too.
mrsb203 is offline   Reply With Quote

KAN

limits
Old 08-10-2006, 06:30 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

My kids are usually with me when I am on a hunt for bargain school supplies (they are thrilled). If the retailer is enforcing limits, I will give each kid (3) money and items. I feel kind of bad about it, but I can't afford to pay high prices for school supplies that I am giving to my students.
KAN is offline   Reply With Quote