Fun incentive ideas needed!!!!! - ProTeacher Community

maj

Fun incentive ideas needed!!!!!
Old 08-09-2006, 05:48 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hello everyone! I could really use some help! I'm trying to come up with ideas that could be used to encourage and inspire both students and teachers throughout the school year. For example, a special breakfast for students that have a low absentee rate, or a birthday patrol that celebrates teacher and staff birthdays. What great and fun things do you do at your school????? Oh, and, uh, inexpensive is best! PLEASE HELP!

maj is offline   Reply With Quote

kbbteacher

at our school
Old 08-09-2006, 08:14 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

they announce student and staff birthdays on the morning announcements. Students get to go to the office and get a birthday pencil. I think it makes everyone feel special
kbbteacher is online now   Reply With Quote

KcK

Shout Outs and more
Old 08-09-2006, 08:38 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

*We started a Shout Out program in our school. Any staff member can nominate any student for a shout out and email or write a note to the principal for the reason. During morning announcements our principal usually give two shout outs each day.The kids LOVE to get acknowledged and even love to have anyone in our whole class get acknowledged!
*We do the birthday announcements each day too and they go down to the office for their pencil and certificate.
*Student of the Month- a lot of schools do this I am sure! We tied ours into Character Ed words each month and the student gets their pic taken with the teacher, then pics in the local paper with the other students, a special t-shirt, and a Student of the Month bulletin board in our main hallway.
*One of our classes on their own celebrates any staff birthdays. They make a card and a little gift/craft and deliver it to the staff member. It is a really nice touch!
*I eat lunch with students that have outstanding behavior once a month. The kids love it,,, they bring their own lunches, but I pick up or make a small dessert for us!
*Honor roll students get to eat a special lunch with the principal that she orders out for.
*Staff Board- we have a special board in our office that staff members can hang up notes for each other thanking them or acknowledging something they did. It is cleared off each month and the notes are given to the respective staff members.

I can't remember anything else we do... I look forward to seeing other's ideas!
KcK is offline   Reply With Quote

Gina TX

Old 08-09-2006, 01:44 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Our mascot is the hornets. For students we have Happening Hornets. It's just a ticket that you give the students when you catch them doing something good, or when they do a really good job on something, whatever you want really. You collect them in your classroom all week and send them to the office with a student on Friday. Friday afternoon the principal comes on the intercome and draws a few names and those drawn get a prize. For staff we have basically the same thing, but it's called a Sweet Sting. You fill out the top portion saying what reason you are giving them a sweet sting, IE: Thanks for helping me today, etc. The bottom part tears off and goes in a different box that the office draws from about once a month. We usually leave the top part in the teacher's mail box and sometimes include a small gift, like a piece of candy, or a small notepad, post its, pen, etc. The best part for the staff is not waiting to see if their name is drawn, but reading the comments from other staff on the card part. Last year I had a really tough class and a teacher I didn't even know then brought me one to room just to tell me, hang in there. It really means a lot just to know others care.

For staff birthdays they are usually done on the morning announcements.

As we are 5th and 6th grades only, we don't generally celebrate the students birthdays. But I do make a point to tell them happy birthday, or sometimes if I can pull it off I will send that student out of the room for something and when he/she comes back in the whole class sings happy birthday to them.
Gina TX is offline   Reply With Quote

KAN

We send postcards home
Old 08-10-2006, 06:12 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

to parents letting them know how special we think their student is and how much we appreciate them.
It might be a student who consistently gets good grades, someone who did well on a project, test, etc. We also look for chances to let parents know when their student has shown good character.
By the end of the year every kid on our team has received at least one postcard.

KAN is offline   Reply With Quote

maj

thanks
Old 08-11-2006, 05:41 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

for the ideas! I really appreciate them! They are all definitely do-able.
maj is offline   Reply With Quote