Mailbox Companion website - ProTeacher Community

Learn4Life146

Mailbox Companion website
Old 06-21-2009, 07:08 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I just ordered a subscription to The Mailbox and I've been looking at the companion website. So far I'm finding it just a bit confusing! (Or it could just be that I'm very tired tonight..)

I have just a few questions for those of you that use the companion website. I apologize in advance for any questions that are completely obvious.

- What are the magazine extenders? Are they just links with the reproducibles that are in the actual bi-monthly magazines?
- If they're just the reproducibles, is there a way to go back and look at the text from past issues, too? (where they have the actual descriptions and ideas?)
- Can you save the downloads from past issues on your computer?
- I saw some links that said "One time only download". Can you access and print the pages multiple times? Or was that just to print them all at once? I was afraid to explore too much in case I could only access things one time!
- Do I get free access to the Bookbag Companion website, too?

What are the perks of having this? Is there something I'm missing? I was very excited to get access to the calendars and newsletters, but I honestly think I like the free ones on the Busy Teacher's Cafe website more!

Thanks in advance!

Learn4Life146 is offline   Reply With Quote

tigmil

I use the site
Old 06-21-2009, 07:22 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

The extenders are items that are not in the magazine but that go with the article or idea. You cannot (as far as I know) see the text from the past issues, but they do have additional ideas on the sidelines.

You can save the pdf downloads, but you cannot save any information you type into them yourself. For instance: I love to use the class lists, but I have to type my student names everytime I want to print a new one. I like that the newsletters, calendars, and class lists can be filled out online before you print them.

To use the Bookbag companion, I think you have to subscribe to that particular magazine.

I like the site, but the you can only go back a year for ideas. But that might be okay, too. Sometimes I visit a site and there is soooooo much I don't know where to begin. Kind of like those search overload commercials that are running right now on TV.
tigmil is offline   Reply With Quote

gd2bqn

I think tigmil...
Old 06-22-2009, 07:36 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

said it all!! If you have other questions ask away!!
gd2bqn is offline   Reply With Quote

ggluvbug

Old 06-22-2009, 01:40 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I like it for the monthly calendar you can type in and for themed things that go with the magazine. You can do searches for things up to a year back. I would never pay for it seperately, but it is free, so I use it.
ggluvbug is offline   Reply With Quote