Help

ARCHIVE

Class Webpage Question

>

FischerTeach

Class Webpage Question
Old 08-15-2006, 07:29 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I have been using Scholastic for my classroom webpage for the past 2 years, but am growing bored with what it offers. Does anyone have suggestions for free, easy to use programs that I can create my class webpage with?

FischerTeach is offline   Reply With Quote

bamagirl

Class Webpage
Old 08-15-2006, 07:37 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I created my class webpage using Microsoft FrontPage. It is very easy to use, and you pretty much have the freedom to design it any way you want. My school has a contract with Microsoft called "Work At Home," so I was able to load the program on my home computer for free.

I have Comcast high speed Internet service, and you can have your own webpage for free! It is very easy to upload from FrontPage, and it has been very reliable every time I have gone to my page. I did use Yahoo Geocities for a few months (before I switched my webpage to Comcast), but I received a message very often saying my webpage was unavailable!

So...check with your Internet service provider. You may be able to have your own webpage through them for free. I didn't know this until I read a post on here about it!!!

bamagirl
bamagirl is offline   Reply With Quote

chalkdusty

webpage building
Old 08-16-2006, 01:42 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

FischerTeach,

The Netscape browser has a Composer feature that will allow you to build a webpage. You can download this for free from download.com. Just be sure when it asks if you want it to be your default web browser to say NO. (Personally I prefer Firefox for browsing purposes.) I was trained using Composer and find it is pretty simple to build with. Just remember to place everything in a "table" so that it doesn't float around your page when viewed. I now use Dreamweaver to create/update my page, but it is a program with $ attached. I'm not sure how expensive is was, as my district paid for it. Dreamweaver is a bit more complicated to build with, but it allows for more fine tuning in what you are creating.
chalkdusty is offline   Reply With Quote