Intermediate Grades (3-5)

Margaret Kilgo

>

sussu

sussu

Margaret Kilgo
Old 07-02-2009, 08:02 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Has anyone used Margaret Kilgo curriculum? Does it work? How do you like it?

tbear

Data- Driven
Old 07-04-2009, 06:17 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I went to her Data Driven Classes. I have used the information in class. I think it helped us focus on the what needs to be tested. We changed the way we thought about asking questions. The data also helped us focus on areas that were typically low. I like anything that is based on the state test for it information. So many programs don't match our test.
tbear is offline   Reply With Quote
TeachersDesk

TeachersDesk

Old 09-21-2009, 06:38 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

smoke and mirrors, smoke and mirrors!
mgriffm

mgriffm

She is a charlatan, getting rich off schools
Old 03-07-2013, 11:41 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I met her in person in 2003 in a suburb of Dallas TX. She is a mountebank "Consultant", and she drains schools of their funding. She was one of the committee that invented NCLB, and she is profiting from it. In her workshops, she demonstrates how to teach only what's on the test, then preaches that she is not doing exactly that. She sells an online software that teaches the test questions and leaves out everything else. Her own teaching record is suspect; she spent less than 5 years in an elementary classroom, then more than 20 years as an adminstrator, and claims to be an expert in teaching secondary education. She has damaged the careers of many "old school" teachers, who can't let go of the importance of teaching real content as opposed to teaching to the standardized tests. Do not listen to her!
Guest me

Guest me

Dont do it
Old 02-16-2017, 06:41 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I absolutely hate her program. It is test, test, test, test, test. Our district follows her program and no we have the highest turn over in our schools history EVERY year. We spend more time testing than teaching. Her program takes the joy out of teaching.