beginning of the year letter to parents - ProTeacher Community

teacher23

beginning of the year letter to parents
Old 07-04-2009, 03:40 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Do you have a template you can share?

Last edited by teacher23; 07-04-2009 at 03:55 PM..
teacher23 is offline   Reply With Quote

AmberApple

Letter to Parents
Old 07-04-2009, 04:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I have attached my beginning of the year letter, this letter I send home in a manila envelope with all of their back to school information and forms to sign. I then send the second letter "Parent Letter" home in their F.R.O.G. Notebook. I will attach that letter in the next post.

Back to School Letter.doc

Last edited by AmberApple; 07-04-2009 at 04:14 PM.. Reason: Spelling Error
AmberApple is offline   Reply With Quote

AmberApple

2nd Longer Letter
Old 07-04-2009, 04:15 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Here is my second longer letter.

Parent Letter.doc
AmberApple is offline   Reply With Quote

NoviceMonk

Old 07-04-2009, 09:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Good topic and thank you AmberApple for sharing your Beginning of the year's letters to parents.
NoviceMonk is offline   Reply With Quote

Milyn

my letter
Old 07-05-2009, 02:23 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Here is my back to school letter.

Dear Parents and / or Guardians:

We would like to welcome you and your child to an exciting year in our first grade class. Please feel free to stop in, introduce yourself and become familiar with us and with our room. Please come and volunteer time in our classroom. Your child will be thrilled to have you visit. We believe that together we can make a difference in your child’s life and help your child on her / his educational and life roads.

During the day we will have activities that include story time, songs, discussions, learning games, projects, book reports, independent and group activities. We will continue to work on learning how to share, take turns and problem solving skills. There are times during the day when the teachers will work one-on-one with your child or with a small group promoting and encouraging good thinking skills. This year is devoted to preparing your child for the second grade by reinforcing and building on the lessons learned in kindergarten.

School Time: Please remember that it is important for your child to arrive to school on time, especially since we eat breakfast as soon as we arrive in the morning. If your child is late to school your child may not have breakfast and we all know how important breakfast is for the health and well-being of our children. The school day begins at 8:30 a.m. and ends at 3:00 p.m. Please make sure your child does NOT arrive to school before 8:00 a.m., as there is no supervision before this time. Also, please pick up your child at 3:00 p.m. Drop off and pick up is on ______ Street.

If your child should be absent for the day, please remember to call the school and ask the office to leave a note in my box. If you child will be out for an extended period please make arrangements to pick up the homework. We do not want your child to fall behind the other children.

Dress Code: Please help prepare your child to be ready to continue learning by following these requirements. Your child needs to wear rubber-soled shoes or sneakers. NO sandals or flip flops are permitted. The reasoning behind this is we are constantly going up and down the stairs, walking and even running, therefore, your child needs to be safe, as well as comfortable. Please make sure your child knows how to tie her / his shoes, as we have witnessed accidents with one child stepping on a hanging shoe string and tripping.

Our room is very hot, even in the winter, therefore we are strongly suggesting that your child wear a short sleeves blouse / shirt with a long sleeve blouse / shirt / sweater that can be added or removed.

We are also requesting that all girls wear shorts or tights under their dress or skirt. This will allow your daughter to freely enjoy playing outside, sitting in the classroom, walking up and down the stairwells and in general moving around. We have learned that it is very difficult to sit on the rug and play some of our activity games while worrying about not letting our under garments show.

Many of the children in our school wear a uniform to school. The uniform is a white blouse / shirt with a dark blue or black skirt or pants and a dark blue or black sweater. The belief is that having all the children dressing similarly prevents many of the daily headaches of fighting with your child in the morning in addition to preventing children from being teased or being consumed with the latest fashion.

We are looking forward to a remarkable year and getting to know each of you better, in addition to having you get to know us. Working together we can make your child’s year a success. Thank you!

Milyn is offline   Reply With Quote

FitTeach

Survival Kit for First Grade
Old 07-08-2009, 05:43 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I will work to get you the templates that I used for compiling this for the past 3 years. I will be teaching a combo 1st/2nd class this fall, so will be updating it. The kit included several helpful sheets of info they could keep handy at home like the phonics charts, correct position poster to holding a pencil for a right handed or left-handed student, all math fact families through 14 or 15 I believe and the research about omitting 20 min. of reading per night with your child, etc.
FitTeach is offline   Reply With Quote