frog theme- HELP! - ProTeacher Community

Mandas1217

Mandas1217

frog theme- HELP!
Old 08-17-2006, 07:06 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I have decided to do a frog theme for my classroom this year. This will be my first year teaching so i am really nervous. I was wondering if anybody had any sayings to title bulletin boards for student work. Frog sayings or non frog sayings would be great thanks!

MPage

frogs
Old 08-18-2006, 04:06 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I did frogs last year and partially some this year.

Welcome to Ms. _____'s Pad!
Hop into _______ Grade.
Hoppy Helpers
Leaping to our AR Goals
The Reading Pond

Good Luck!!!!
MPage is offline   Reply With Quote

Kaylen

Kaylen
Old 08-18-2006, 06:21 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I was thinking about using that, but then changed to bugs. The one saying I was going to use was "Splash into (your last name)'s class!" for my welcome bulletin board.
Kaylen is offline   Reply With Quote

dfenton

DJ Inkers
Old 08-19-2006, 03:14 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

My neighbor across the hall went with the frog theme as well and she bought THE CUTEST frog BB set at the teacher store made by DJ INkers. You could also probably find it on the Carson Dellosa site or some of the others. Her welcome board says, "Leap into a Great Year!" "Hoppin' Great Work!" or "Progress by Leaps and Bounds!" might be cute for some work boards.
dfenton is offline   Reply With Quote

buckaroo

Frogs
Old 08-19-2006, 05:28 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I'm actually doing frogs this year too!
My welcome sign is going to read: "Look who's Leaping onto Mrs. _____'s Lillypads of Learning!" I'm going to have that on a big giant lillypad cut-out. Each child is going to have a frog with their name on it. (I got pre-made cut out frogs that I'm going to laminate and write on so I can use them another year to come.) I'm also going to make some lillypads to put up with that with the names of different subjects on them: Math, Art, Social Studies, Etc. I'm so excited about the theme. The kids are going to love it!

buckaroo is offline   Reply With Quote

teach03

frogs
Old 08-19-2006, 06:52 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I am doing frogs as well. My b. board in the hallway says Un"frog"getable Third Graders. My reading board says Read-It, Read-It, Read-It. Also my jobs are Hoppy Helpers. Good luck!
teach03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ann Marshall

Ann Marshall

Frog Theme
Old 08-16-2008, 10:21 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I teach 6th grade math and I love using my frog theme. I have "Welcome 2 Mrs. Marshall's pad" and the students complete a frog glyps and I use their frog glyps as the decorations for the pond that I cut out of bullentin board paper by curving it. I also have "Hop n 2 the News" where I display school information. I also like "Leap n 2 Math" I took a cut out of a frog and blew it up on the overhead and traced it on the board using bullentin board paper, I cut out letters that read "You must show your work", then I laminated it so that this was also part of my frog theme and letting my math students know what I expect. I also bought frog material from Wal-Mart and covered a bullentin board using the material and on one of them I put "Words 2 Ponder" and all the letters were in one color except the Pond, this set out the frog them for my word wall. I also laminated big frogs I found at a school store and laminated them and I write my words using a white board marker where they can be erased each time we change units where my vocabulary words change. There are also frog cutouts that you can use one your calendar. There is so many more ideas, but these are just a few that my sixth graders loved!
Cathie

Cathie

frog glyps
Old 06-10-2009, 07:48 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I was just wondering if you could post your frog glyps that you used with your students.