Help

ARCHIVE

Not ready!

>

Indiana Teacher

Not ready!
Old 08-18-2006, 05:55 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

All summer I have been so eager to get back to school. I have visited these boards like crazy, checked out other teacher's websites, created some great units, reorganized my classroom, and done some major planning. Now that I have to go back on Monday, I am not looking forward to it. Why do I always do this to myself? I feel like I have wasted my summer and not enjoyed it to the fullest extent. Anyone else feel this way?

Indiana Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

SusanTeach

A little
Old 08-18-2006, 06:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I did feel that way a little - until I actually got into my classroom and realized that all the work I did over the summer made my year go so much more smoothly! It's been wonderful having everything thought through!
SusanTeach is offline   Reply With Quote

iteach4th

Oh, yes....
Old 08-18-2006, 06:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I feel EXACTLY the same way! How does the summer fly by so quickly??? I always have so many things I want to get to, but seem to spend too much time on teacher boards, reading new teacher resource books and preparing for my new bunch of kids! Once I realize I haven't accomplished much for ME, it's time to go back!

I begin on Monday, too. I've been in my classroom the last week or so and still have SO MUCH left to do! You'd think after 12 years I'd have this "down pat"....I feel overwhelmed each and every beginning! I am looking forward to my new bunch, but I think I'd like to have just a couple MORE WEEKS OF SUMMER!

Here's to a fantastic year! I'm sure we'll get in the swing once we see those little faces!
iteach4th is offline   Reply With Quote

Susan/IN

Been there
Old 08-19-2006, 05:23 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Our school in Indiana started LAST Monday, and I know how you feel. This past week seemed like the longest week, and we only had 2 1/2 days with the kids! But, hopefully, now that we've gotten through those first few days, this week will be better. I think most of us spend way too much time in our rooms over the summer, but I'd hate to think what it'd be like if I didn't do that.

Anyway, here's hoping everyone gets off to a great start and has a fantastic school year.

Susan/IN
Susan/IN is offline   Reply With Quote

Nicholettev

Back to School Blues
Old 08-19-2006, 05:33 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

All summer, I checked for lesson ides, BB ideas, themes, learned how to sew to make curtains for my classroom, etc. and now that school starts Monday, I HAVE THE BLUES! I love teaching and I am excited when I go to my classroom, but the past few days I have been down.

I think my BLUES comes from leaving my son who is one. We had a great summer. He learned to walk, talk tons, lots of baby sign, and is just a joy to be around.

Anyone else feel this way when they leave their kids?

Nicholettev is offline   Reply With Quote
Mrs. V

Mrs. V

Old 08-19-2006, 10:40 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

My son is 4 now. I have been working part time, but this year I will be teaching full time. I am excited to teach, but I do not want to be away from my son. They grow so fast!! I hate to say it, but I envy parents who can stay home with their children all day. I wish I could do that. When my son goes to school full time it will be easier, but until then I will have to enjoy every minute I can with him when I am not working. How do others deal with leaving their children?

Indiana Teacher

I'm glad I am not alone
Old 08-19-2006, 08:15 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I am also leaving my one year old home. We really bonded so much over the summer. It will be hard leaving her. I stayed home with my other two when they were younger, but not with my baby. I feel guilty at times, but I love my job - it is who I am. I know once I am back and the kids come, I will be fine, I am just not mentally prepared quite yet.
Indiana Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

Nicholettev

Glad to Hear ...
Old 08-20-2006, 06:06 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

that I am not alone too. Since I have taught for 11 years, my job has always been what defines me. Now that I have a child, little boy my thoughts about what defines me has changed. I can't bear to think that I will miss out on all the new things he will be doing, since he has changed so fast. I do love my job still and I think that's why I keep working (oh yeah, the money too), but it's wierd to think that my day will be with other people's children and not my own. I am hoping to get pregnant again this year and then go part time next year. Maybe I will be happy working part time???
Nicholettev is offline   Reply With Quote

Nyanza

Super Sleuths
Old 08-23-2006, 04:10 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

Hi Indiana,
I noticed on another board your website. I like the challenge that is posted. I will contact the 4th grade teacher for permission to use it.
Would you have an answer sheet you're willing to share for the challenge? Yes, shame on me....but it's opening season and as we all are, I'm ovewhelmed....If so would you please forward to the email below...if not, thank you for taking the time to read this.
Have a great year!
Nyanza Anza2u@yahoo.com
Nyanza is offline   Reply With Quote

ferg888

Back To School Blues
Old 08-25-2006, 07:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

My own children started back to school yesterday, and I started back with meetings yesterday as well. My children are in seventh, ninth, and eleventh grade, and I am still sad when they start back to school. Even though they are with friends all summer and I hardly see them, just knowing how quickly they are growing up is hard to swallow. Listening to them fight just drives me crazy, but those things are just a small part of our time with them. I can still remember every detail of their births, yet now they are all as tall as me and are taking classes that I never would have attempted at their ages. They are all involved in after school activities and such. I don't mean to ramble, but those of you with young kids, please enjoy every single minute you have with them. They are precious and will always be your babies--no matter how old they are.
Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa

ferg888 is offline   Reply With Quote