Kelso's Choices - ProTeacher Community

jamoca

Kelso's Choices
Old 07-22-2009, 07:35 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Does anyone use Kelso's Choices for behavior? My school is very big on this program, and my counselor teaches the concepts. I plan to have my behavior system correspond with making good Kelso's choices. Obviously I need to implement my behavior plan the first week of school, but I am not sure when my counselor will start teaching my kinders.

Does anyone have any lessons or ideas/activities that I could teach in my classroom to reinforce/introduce the concept? Thanks so much for your help!

jamoca is offline   Reply With Quote

emmasmimi

Google
Old 07-22-2009, 10:11 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I googled Kelso's choices and found a website with info. It has a diagram that might help you. Good luck.

http://www.kelsoschoice.net/aboutkc.html
emmasmimi is offline   Reply With Quote

rlygr8

in my room
Old 07-22-2009, 06:29 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

In my room, I have a large poster that I made using the pictures of Kelso's choices. I hang it up low to the ground so the kids can see it. I then hang up the word small next to the poster. I hang the word BIG next to my chair. This helps them figure out when it is a small problem or a big problem. BIG problem they need to see me - small problem they look at the poster and figure out what to do. I also made a book up of all the different choices. We then go over it at carpet time to help them remember the different choices. I sometimes hand them the book when they have a problem.

I have a small frog for the kids to tell their problems to but have a hard time remembering to incorporate it into the day.

Good Luck it really works. I have the councelor come in as soon as she can to teach Kelso. That first week or 2 - I call the honeymoon period - there usually doesn't seem to be a need for Kelso that early.
rlygr8 is offline   Reply With Quote

jamoca

Old 07-23-2009, 07:07 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

rlygr8: Thank you so much for the ideas! I think making a class book about the choices is fabulous! Could you explain a little bit about what it looks like and what exactly is in it? Thanks so much!
jamoca is offline   Reply With Quote