Help

ARCHIVE

wallpaper

>

crisjwgrl

wallpaper
Old 08-25-2006, 03:45 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I went to my local DIY store to get wallpaper samples and got out with more than 15 rolls! Much more than enough to cover my dirty old bulletin boards. They are kind of pastel colors, plain or with small patterns. Does anyone have a creative idea to use all these rolls? There is absolutely nothing in the classroom so I do whatever I want!Thanks

crisjwgrl is offline   Reply With Quote

katy

Old 08-25-2006, 06:36 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

What grade do you teach? When I was in first grade, I used patterned fabric squares in our math unit on patterns. I'm sure the patterned wallpaper would work just as well. The children put the square (about 5x5) on the left hand side of their paper and used crayon to continue the same pattern on the right hand side of their paper.

You can also use the wallpaper for tons of art projects, dioramas, making cards, etc.
katy is offline   Reply With Quote

judy

use as book covers
Old 08-29-2006, 05:19 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

In addition to using wallpaper samples as art supplies my children use them to cover some of their own publications. They make wonderful covers for the books the children write themselves. I like your idea using it for your bulletin boards. Our local wallpaper place closed down several years ago and wallpaer samples are hard to come by, so enjoy!
judy is offline   Reply With Quote

readerabbit

die cuts
Old 08-30-2006, 02:55 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Use them for die cut letters. Even if that pattern is the same of the die cut letters you could post the letters on black contruction paper for the contrast. Die cut other shapes. Use as covers of studentmade books. Use as covers as student journals. Cut a shape if you studying geomentry or just art give the student a shape to put in the middle of the paper and let their mind be creative to draw something using the shape as a theme /triangle -clown's hat. This is good for all grade levels.
readerabbit is offline   Reply With Quote