How do I hang bulletin boards and posters? - ProTeacher Community

*~Enlighten~*

How do I hang bulletin boards and posters?
Old 07-27-2009, 06:19 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

In my classroom half of my walls are made of concrete, then the other two are made of plywood that I can staple into. How should I hang my bulletin board sets (they won't be used on actual bulletin boards) and alphabet lines, etc... Should I try to staple everything? Use tape, the tacky little green stuff teachers use? What works the best?

*~Enlighten~* is offline   Reply With Quote

sassy56

Mahvelous Tape
Old 07-27-2009, 06:33 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

We are only allowed to hang things on the brick/concrete wall with tape called mah-ve-lous tape. We get it at the school supply store. It is a white tape on a small roll. It is supposed to hold things on brick/concrete and not remove paint when you take it off. I also use the blue ticky-tack tape and that works well too.

In my old school I used 3M mounting tape and that stuff would hold ANYTHING up for as long as you wanted! I loved it. It's kind of expensive (target and office supply stores carry it) It is on a roll or squares with a green 3M backing. You just rip off the amount you want.

Hope that helps!
sassy56 is offline   Reply With Quote

ecsmom

Old 07-27-2009, 06:38 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I have one concrete or block wall. I used blue poster putty last week because staples wouldn't work. Well see if it sticks. It worked well on drywall. The teacher that had the room before me used hot glue but when she tried to take it off the paint came off too. I have used the adhesive clips, they worked well. I have also used push pins. Our custodial staff prefers the tiny holes left by staples and push pins to the ripped drywall that they have experienced with some tape. Although, painters tape might work without damaging the paint/walls.

Oh, I did read where one teacher used toothpaste to hang posters. I wondered it that would attract ants!
ecsmom is offline   Reply With Quote

50yardliner

Old 07-27-2009, 06:40 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

If your concrete block is not painted, try hot glue but not from a hot glue gun that is super hot (Use a mini).

I've done it on painted conrete block and you can peel it off carefully, but if you don't, the paint's coming off....
50yardliner is offline   Reply With Quote

Take on me

3M poster "hangers"
Old 07-27-2009, 08:52 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I think of what they are actually classed, but they are by 3M. They actually say poster ---- something on them They come in a pack of 12 I think. They are great. All but the last 1/2 inch is sticky. When you want to take it down, just pull the non-sticky part staright down and the rest will go with it. It doesn't leave a residue on your walls. But, make sure you laminate whatever you want to hang with these first, and make sure the non-sticky part is always pointing down. Hope this helps.

Take on me is offline   Reply With Quote