Multiple Grade Lesson Plan Template - ProTeacher Community

Katnet

Multiple Grade Lesson Plan Template
Old 07-28-2009, 07:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I posted this message earlier, but I think I posted it in the wrong place. Let me try again, lol. I am in my second year teaching a multi grade Highly Structured Classroom. Most of my students have some sort of behavior issue and most have IEP's. I am trying to get ahead and be ready when the new school year starts, but I am struggling with a basic teaching skill. I am looking for a multiple grade lesson plan template I can use to help me plan daily as well as weekly lesson plans.

I have finally received the curriculum maps for grades 3-5, but can't seem to get anything from grades K-2 (we are in two separate buildings). I generally have to piece together activities for the younger students, but want to be prepared for the older students since I now know what they are teaching in each grade. My problem is that I would like some sort of lesson plan template I can use to show what each grade is doing for each subject. I have a daily schedule in which I have decided when to teach a specific subject, like Science. I typically have 3 grades doing their individual grade's content all at the same time. What I need is a way to show what each grade is doing under each subject title. I'd like to list the objectives, core content and academic expectations. Most lesson plan books don't allow for multiple grades to be listed under each subject. There just isn't enough room.

I'd really like to find something online I can use on my computer. Has anyone found something they like that they can share? I realize I could try and make up something on Excel, but I don't want to reinvent the wheel, if I can help it.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Katnet is offline   Reply With Quote

mreinelt

lessson plan
Old 07-29-2009, 09:45 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I can relate--I also teach multi grade K-4 with behavior problems....Since I am a self-contained classroom my plans are on excell. I took the basic format and each sheet reflects a particular group of students/grade level....Thus I have any where from 3-6 lesson plan sheets. Since I have para this is helpful since at a glance they can see what a grop shoudl be working on instead of asking me-reduce intruptions...As for the regular classroom plans I collect them and place them in a notebook...When it comes time to my planning I referr to them...If there is something I want to make sure I incorporate I just add it into my plans under column reg cl support....Nice to hear someone else spends too long on planning....
mreinelt is offline   Reply With Quote

Katnet

Multiple Grade Lesson Plan Template
Old 08-03-2009, 07:05 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

You sound like you do the same things I do. I just got a plan from my school principal for the homeroom teachers, but again it doesn't address multiple grades. Would you be willing to share a blank copy of your lesson plan sheet with the headings? I can send you my email address, if you need it. I'm a visual learner and seeing an example sometimes helps jumpstart me when I'm doing something new. I'm meeting this afternoon with our director of special ed and hope she has some ideas. Thank you.
Katnet is offline   Reply With Quote

2teach4

can I see a copy
Old 08-25-2009, 06:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Hello. I have been teaching special ed (self contained) for the past few years. However this is my 1st time teaching 1st and 2nd grade self contained. I am not really sure how to do th lesson plans or even how I am going to even begin to plan. If possible could i see a copy of one of your lesson plans on excel so i could get any idea. Thanks!!!
my email is 2teach4@gmail.com
2teach4 is offline   Reply With Quote