1st day of school questionnaire - ProTeacher Community

mel329

1st day of school questionnaire
Old 08-27-2006, 09:03 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I was wondering if anyone has a copy of a questionnaire/survey that they give their kids to fill out to get to know them and would be willing to post it. Thanks.

mel329 is offline   Reply With Quote

sherry5th

here's mine
Old 08-27-2006, 12:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

This is the one I used - I got some really good answers! Esp. about the what you would do with $

Interest Inventory

1. What is your whole name? _______________________________ _____________
2. What is your birth date? __________________________
3. Do you have pets? ______ What are their names? _______________________________ ____________
4. What was the last book your read?__________________________ _______________________________
5. What is your favorite food(s)? _______________________________ ______________________________
6. Do you have any brothers or sisters? _________ How old are they?__________________________ _
7. How do you spend your free time? _______________________________ __________________________
8. What is something that you do well? _______________________________ ________________________
9. Which sports do you like? _______________________________ _______________________________ ___
10. What do you want to be when you grow up? _______________________________ _________________
11. What is something that you are afraid of? _______________________________ ___________________
12. What is your favorite TV show? _______________________________ _____________________________
13. What subjects do you like best? _______________________________ ____________________________
14. What famous person do you most want to be like? _______________________________ ___________
15. If you had $1,000, what would you do with it? _______________________________ _______________
_______________________________ _______________________________ _____________________________
16. What kinds of books would you like to read this year? _______________________________ _______ _______________________________ _______________________________ _______________________________ _______________________________ _______________________________ ___________________________
17. What are some topics you would like to learn about during the year? ________________________ _______________________________ _______________________________ _____________________________
_______________________________ _______________________________ _____________________________
18. What are some topics that you think would be fun to write about during the year? __________
_______________________________ _______________________________ ____________________________
19. What is one of the MOST important things YOU want ME to know about YOU????
sherry5th is offline   Reply With Quote

tillmadd

Sherry 5th I love it!
Old 08-27-2006, 12:28 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Great questionnaire... I am also thinking I will write the students a letter about myself and having them respond with info about themselves in a 3-4 paragraph letter the first night for homework!
tillmadd is offline   Reply With Quote

MsYork

Old 08-27-2006, 12:29 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

The "Personal Profile" is one I used in sixth grade. "All About Me" is one I modified this year for fourth.
Attached Files
File Type: doc All About Me.doc (34.0 KB, 2158 views)
File Type: doc Personal Profile (sixth).doc (22.5 KB, 1688 views)
MsYork is offline   Reply With Quote

tillmadd

All About Me
Old 08-27-2006, 12:35 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Ms. York that All About Me is perfect I copied it and will use it !
Thanks
Tillmadd

tillmadd is offline   Reply With Quote

mel329

Thanks
Old 08-27-2006, 12:49 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Thanks everyone who responded. I am going to combine both of your questionnaires for my students.
mel329 is offline   Reply With Quote

Ligii13@aol.c

Question About the All About Me
Old 08-29-2006, 05:57 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I could not open up your attachment for the All About Me. I would love to see and get an idea.
Ligii13@aol.c is offline   Reply With Quote

mgerman3

1st Day of School Questionnaire
Old 07-08-2008, 02:06 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

The the file that contained "All about me" and the interest inventory was very helpful. Thanks

Last edited by mgerman3; 07-08-2008 at 02:09 PM.. Reason: missing info
mgerman3 is offline   Reply With Quote

sportwinds

About Me Newsletter
Old 07-08-2008, 02:39 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

I love sherry5th's idea about the $1000 !!!
I have been working on an All About Me newsletter for the kids to do on the first day of school. I plan to have one on each desk and have them work on it as everyone arrives (straight from Wong!)

I added in the money idea just now. I can't attach here yet..I'm a long time reader, but new post-er...so I've added it to my website:
http://pce.sbmc.org/~swindsor/ click "about me" underneath the Calvin and Hobbes cartoon. It's a publisher file, so hopefully anyone who wants to use it can save/edit it to make it they're own!
sportwinds is offline   Reply With Quote

hayleys_mommy

Old 07-08-2008, 08:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

Great ideas!

I also use an All About Me that is different, and Sherry's questionnaire is almost identical to one I use! **
hayleys_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote