Superhero Slogans - ProTeacher Community

Last Chance to Enter!

Never2old

Superhero Slogans
Old 07-31-2009, 01:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Calling all creative minds...Want to use a superhero theme including some girl superheroes.
Can you help me think of some catchy 4th grade level superhero slogans for a bulletin board? Also, I was looking for a place or site where you could put digital head shots into a pre-set photo or an image generator for superheroes that could be personalized, something like what you can do on a print shop program. I have searched many ways but cannot seem to find any good sites where I could find a template for a superhero body. Any ideas how to use a student photo in a superheroes bulletin board? Thanks in advance for your great imagination!

Never2old is offline   Reply With Quote

bchadwick

Superhero Stuff
Old 07-31-2009, 03:52 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I was at US Toys and saw some really cute stuff to decorate with for all the superhero themers. I couldn't find it there but here is what they had:
https://cheapteachermarket.com/index...&productId=116

You could do Fabulous 4th or the Incredible 4th Graders(based off the Incredible)
bchadwick is offline   Reply With Quote

wonder_woman

Ideas
Old 07-31-2009, 05:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Activate the Math Signal (Like what Batman uses but it could be +-)
Catch us in the Comics (You could cut letters for the title out of comic books)(writing board)
It's a bird, it's a plane, it's Ms._______'s class!

I would have the kids do a writing activity about what super power they would want. They could also create a cape or outfit for their superhero.
wonder_woman is offline   Reply With Quote

JOJO'S MOM

Girl Power
Old 07-31-2009, 10:23 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I am doing a superhero theme too! I had trouble finding anything with female superheroes. So, I am going to make a hot pink bulletin board with a giant "bling" supergirl sign. I plan on drawing a supergirl sign and then using silver and pink glitter to fill in the design. Then, pink fadeless paper with sparkly silver border and light pink letters that will read:

"Super Sweet Math Skills"

I think I might tie this into multiplication/division facts drills and memorization. And once a student gets thru all the numbers/levels then they become a "Supergirl" or "Superman." Then, I will have some type of reward that fits the theme. Like, a sweet treat and supergirl/man tatoos.

**I searched on e-bay and there are supergirl bandanas! So cute, but kinda pricey!
JOJO'S MOM is offline   Reply With Quote

JOJO'S MOM

student photo ideas
Old 07-31-2009, 10:29 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

You could have a bb that reads: "My Heroes"

or this is what I plan on doing,

creating a student work board that says "Knock Out Work" and there will be sayings all over like "POW", "BAM", "WHAM", etc., and I am going to take pics of the kids doing punch/kick poses. Then, their work will go next to their picture

JOJO'S MOM

Fantastic 4th
Old 07-31-2009, 10:40 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Your class could be divided into teams of the Fantastic Four superheroes: Mr. Fantastic, Invisible Woman, Human Torch, and Thing.

As a beg. of the year activity, they could research these superheroes and describe their powers/characteristics, then choose one they relate to and compare/contrast to themselves.

CaNiKi

Old 08-01-2009, 04:25 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

For your Reading or writing strategies BB you could title it "Here we come to save the day!" -Mighty Mouse
CaNiKi is offline   Reply With Quote

Never2old

superhero thank you
Old 08-01-2009, 05:55 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

Thanks to everyone for putting their thinking caps on, as always so many great ideas and the website is awesome too. You helped loosen my rusty brain up and I have loads of notes now with your help.
Never2old is offline   Reply With Quote