over the chair storage - ProTeacher Community

Happy Teacher

over the chair storage
Old 08-28-2006, 05:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Has anyone ever purchased or sewn fabric to make a pocket that slides over the students chair to store items in? I have very small desks this year and I am considering purchasing them. I found them for around $10 each and I was just wondering if they are worth the investment. Thanks

Happy Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

TeAcHeRinFL

Seat Sacks
Old 08-28-2006, 05:41 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Yes, I have seat sacks in my classroom. I use tables, so they help immensely in the storage of workbooks and journals. They are not made to hold heavy textbooks though. Mine were bought by the school, but I purchased some from a seller on ebay. Search "chair pockets" and they should come up for $3.00 a piece. They are made out of denim and appear to be just as nice as the brand name ones.
TeAcHeRinFL is offline   Reply With Quote

donna

Chair Pockets
Old 08-29-2006, 04:41 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I've attached directions for making your own chair pockets if you are crafty. I've even heard of teachers having parents volunteer to make them for the class.
Attached Files
File Type: doc chairpockets.doc (33.5 KB, 1067 views)
donna is offline   Reply With Quote

tweet

Chair pockets
Old 08-29-2006, 02:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I use them. I have tables in my third grade classroom. I have had parent volunteers to make them in the past from a denim material. This year I am making new ones. I "fancied" them up with some pockets for library books, ruler/pencils. I am making them out of primary colored cotton duck cloth. My chairs are about 15" across the seat back. I purchased 2 yards of fabric at $6/yd. and managed 4 chair pockets out of it, so that makes them about $3 each. Probably would have been a lot easier to buy them at that price, but this year I was being picky about the color--wanted it to match the tables. Also, I won't bring them to class until I have them all ready, and it is taking me FOREVER to find time to get them finished. So we are still using the old worn out denim ones.
tweet is offline   Reply With Quote

TeAcHeRinFL

really good stuff
Old 08-30-2006, 07:48 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

http://www.reallygoodstuff.com/hp_sp...paign=NL082906

Really Good Stuff is having a sale. You get 24 chair pockets for $155.80 and it includes a free teacher chair pocket.

TeAcHeRinFL is offline   Reply With Quote
TTAMMY

TTAMMY

Over The chair storage chair backs
Old 01-09-2007, 06:57 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I have purchased them on ebay and the ones I got were worth every single penny. They are made of extra heavy denim and have 6 pockets. They are wonderful and they are so well made. I couldnt have purchased the fabric for that price much less made them like that!

Wanda

Pillow cases for storage
Old 01-09-2007, 08:47 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I have seen people use pillow cases to make the storage pockets. Fold over the opening of the pillow case and then sew down each side. I don't know how strong they would be.
Wanda is offline   Reply With Quote
TEACHERTONI

TEACHERTONI

Over the chair storage seat sacks chair backs
Old 01-19-2007, 01:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

They sell really nice ones on ebay for $5.00 and like $10.00. I bought some and they are wonderful! The one pocket ones are nice too. They stopped all of my clutter. I even had the lady make one for me to fit my chair and I just dont know how she sells them so cheap. I can't even get the fabric for that price. Its of super heavy denim!
TeacherGal62

TeacherGal62

Chair pockets
Old 07-12-2007, 10:39 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

I purchased some of those red ones and they are made so cheaply. Another teacher at out school got some from a lady on ebay and those have 7 pockets or more made of heavy denim. Those will last forever! I am going to buy some from her and they are about the same price as the red ones plus she guarentees her work. cant beat it. This is about what time of year she puts them on. she lists them as denim chairbacks
SandyLou

SandyLou

Seat Sacks Chair Pockets Over Chair Storage O
Old 08-03-2007, 04:30 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

A Lady Sells Them On Ebay Made Of Real Good Denim. She Opened Up A Store And Has All The Sizes And Many Have 5 Or More Pockets. I Love Mine And Cant Wait Until School Starts!

MNteacher

Re: Chair Pockets
Old 08-15-2007, 06:57 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

Donna,
I am interested in making chair pockets. I noticed you have a pattern but I can't seem to open it. Do you have any suggestions?
Thank you!
MNteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
SANDYLOU

SANDYLOU

Seat Sack Chair Pockets Labor Day Sale 3.75
Old 08-31-2007, 06:55 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

Hey Everyone! Tapestryandroses Is Having A Labor Day Sale On Ebay And Those Denim Chair Pockets Are $3.50. Thought I Would Share! I Got Some And They Are The Most Well Made I Have Ever Seen.
Jenny22

Jenny22

Ebay Has Thseat Pockets Chair Pockets On Sale
Old 09-01-2007, 02:19 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #13

There Is A Sale On Ebay By Tapestryandroses Inc And The Real Nice Ones Are On For $3.50 Or $3.75. I Bought Some And They Are Wonderful! I Have Had Mine Now For 3 Years And They Are Perfect! She Is Good. She Has Them For Tiny Desks To Adult Chairs.!
MonaMe

MonaMe

parent
Old 01-14-2008, 08:17 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #14

I have been searching on ebay for the "tapestryandroses" chair pockets and can't seem to find them. I'm looking for seat pockets for my daughter's school. They have NEW desks with not enough storage and their room is always a mess. Books and supplies everywhere! Can anyone help me??? I haven't been able to find any denim pockets on ebay at all. Thanks!
seatsacklady

seatsacklady

For sale seat sacks chair pockets over chair
Old 02-22-2008, 10:25 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #15

HI,
I am Lisa nd own Tapestryandrosesqtm in Louisina. I have seat sacks and often list them on ebay. I am selling them and also taking orders for the upcoming school year. If anyone is interested please email me at tapestryandrosesqtm@yahoo.com or check my ebay store... my ebay member name is melanaj8pb2. You may also check the louisiana access business directories and type in TAPESTRYANDROSESQTM. You can sinply type in tapestryandrosesqtm on a googl search and get my info too. Thanks! If I dont have what you want on ebay please ask as I am really busy making and stock piling them for the upcoming season.If your school needs an order form please contact me prior to the end of school. I am a wholesale company and sell only to teachers/schools.

flo4kids

teacher
Old 08-13-2008, 09:37 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #16

I am new to this and would like to order seat sacks from you. Please contact me as soon as you can. I called your number listed on La. Business directory, but it said you have not set up your message center. So can you please email me and tell me what I need to do to place an order. I will need 22 for first grade. Email flobaby7777@yahoo.com or frobins@sandi.net Thanks so much. Do you have a good phone number for your store or home?
flo4kids is offline   Reply With Quote
teacherjmj

teacherjmj

teacher
Old 10-12-2008, 05:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #17

I can not find your site on ebay so am responding to this message.

Do you have any seat sacks or chair pockets that would fit a chair 14 inches wide how much would it be to purchase 27 for my third grade class?

Kteacher14513

Chair pockets
Old 12-10-2008, 12:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #18

Thanks for sharing the pattern. I am a retired El teacher and my son who teaches 5th grade in SC asked me make these for him.
kteacher14513@yahoo.com
Kteacher14513 is offline   Reply With Quote