Help

ARCHIVE

Any good buddy ideas????

>

thollingswort

Any good buddy ideas????
Old 08-28-2006, 06:27 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hello!!! I am looking for good ideas to use with our buddies. We are a 4th grade class that had 1st grade buddies. We would like to incorporate some fun activities where the students are learning as well. If you have any good ideas, please share them with us.

Thanks!!!!!

thollingswort is offline   Reply With Quote

Gloria

How about
Old 08-28-2006, 07:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

The 4th grader writing a book and the 1st grader illustrating it.
Gloria is offline   Reply With Quote

PoohBear

Buddies
Old 08-28-2006, 07:18 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

My K class has 4th grade buddies. The 4th graders read to the Ks every Friday for 15 minutes and toward the end of the year, the Ks read to their buddies. When the Ks go on a field trip, they dictate a story about the trip to their buddies and illustrate it together. We occasionally share a cooking or art project. This year the buddies are going to make paper airplanes and pair up with the Ks to race them. Science experiments are another great thing to do together. We LOVE our 4th grade buddies, hope you have a fun year with yours.
PoohBear is offline   Reply With Quote

Miss C

idea
Old 08-29-2006, 02:26 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

See if you have state standards that can work together. Last year, my kids presented a science project (they had to choose a plant and research different uses for the plant and its products) to one another, and then the next day, they presented it to our K5 buddies. One of K5's learning goals is to learn where things come from, and one of the 6th grade learning goals is to present information appropriately for varying audiences. It worked great for us!
Miss C is offline   Reply With Quote

NJ Teacher

Buddy activities
Old 08-29-2006, 03:55 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

We have done author studies where we have focused on particular authors like Tomie DePaola, read books by that person, shared biographical info and then did a short project related to the book we read. We have also done Passport Pals, where we read multicultural literature on a country each week or two, and did something related to that. One year, my kindergarten buddy teacher and I focused on science, and we did short experiments together that the kindergartners could do.

NJ Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

tia

reading puzzles
Old 08-29-2006, 06:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

(i got this idea from my gramma who made one for my children at her nursing home!)

my 6th graders made these for our 1st grade buddies last year:

clean water bottle--add some bird seed (kind with several seeds is best)--put in various small things--golf tee, penny, marble, yarn, bead... continue filling with seed as you go

type a list of what's inside--use clear packing tape to keep label on bottle, hot glue lid on.

first graders have to read the words on the outside and then spin the bottle to find items.
tia is offline   Reply With Quote