Alice in Wonderland theme - ProTeacher Community

tinkerbell228

Alice in Wonderland theme
Old 08-05-2009, 12:07 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I want to do a "wonderland" theme in my first grade classroom this year... Any ideas?! and I mean ANY. there is no help anywhere on the web. What can I say, I like to be original. Thought it would be good with the movie coming out in March.

tinkerbell228 is offline   Reply With Quote

MissC83

Awesome!
Old 08-05-2009, 12:27 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I'd love to see pictures when you get done!!! This is a neat idea.

I don't know if you've seen the "Happy Birthday" display at the teacher store, but there are whimsical cakes that would look PERFECT for the Mad HAtter's tea party!

For your schedule (if you post it somewhere) you could get a picture of the white rabbit and do a speech bubble about being late.

....behavior plan....simple, "OFF WITH YOUR HEAD!"

Book baskets: Get little tags that say "Read Me" like the tags on the drink and snack - drink me, eat me....

ooooh my mind is going wild with ideas for this theme....how neat and original! Have fun with it! PLEASE post pix!!!!
MissC83 is offline   Reply With Quote

tinkerbell228

Old 08-05-2009, 12:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Thanks for the ideas! Love them! I will definitely post pics when its done!

wildcatsgr3

A few ideas...
Old 08-05-2009, 03:30 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

You could do the caterpillar saying the vowels (do them in grey) and the consonants in another color for your word wall...

You could (for a decoration) make a big teapot from paper and have a mouse popping out from inside the teapot... I hope this makes sense... It's the dormouse...

Decorate your door so it represents the rabbit hole, or the looking glass, where people have to go through to enter your classroom.

Hang up signs with 'this way', 'that way', 'up', 'down', etc. painted on them, like in Disney's Tulgey wood.

Decorate the walls with playing cards (normal size or really huge ones from cardboard), and the floor with a chessboard-like pattern. Scatter around some chess pieces.

Hang a branch to the ceiling with a Cheshire Cat (or just it's grin) in it.

Here's a link to some Alice in Wonderland stuff: http://www.amazon.com/s?url=search-a...Go.x=12&Go.y=9
wildcatsgr3 is offline   Reply With Quote

MissBabs

Read it over
Old 08-05-2009, 10:23 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

and highlight things as you go along.

My thoughts from the top of my head
Instead of calling it lunch, call it teatime.
The "leader" for the day or week could be the Queen (or king!) of hearts
The job bulletin Board could be decorated with big cards in the hearts suit, because the queens worker's were cards.
Also it could be totally adorable to get cheap white silk flowers and paint the edges red hastily and leave drip marks. The cards were caught painting the roses red because the queen wanted red ones.

I did this play in high school and know the story very well.

You could get a stuffed Cat to be the class mascot and call it "Dinah" and children could take it home on weekends and write about their adventures together.

Also, the Mad Hatter and March Hare celebrated unbirthdays. You could sing the song on a kids (un)birthday.

I love love love this as a theme. I may use the idea when I graduate!

MissBabs is offline   Reply With Quote

tinkerbell228

thanks for the help!
Old 08-06-2009, 02:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Thanks for the ideas! Keep them coming! they are great!
Erikita

Erikita

Pictures???
Old 02-22-2010, 04:30 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

So did you do this as your theme? I would love to see pictures of your classroom!! Please post!!!
ppcd

ppcd

ppcd teacher
Old 06-07-2010, 02:54 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I too have been trying to work on this them for my ppcd classroom (special needs students 3 to 5 years old. I am trying to come up with something large for them to sit in or under for a reading area. let me know if you have any ideas.
SoFlo

SoFlo

reading area decor
Old 08-07-2010, 09:52 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

You could use insulation board to construct a five-sided cube and paint the interior like small room with a small door and patterned floor. Or, you could contruct a tall table, with light weight materials, such as carpet roll legs, covered on three sides with a "tablecloth". On top could be a large vial with the tag, "Drink me", a box with the tag, "Eat Me". and maybe a book with a tag, "Read me". A reward could be to have snack time there.

I'm an elementary age art teacher and am planning to have the theme for my spring art show, which we have it each year in our butterfly garden. I will teach the elements of art and principles of design with projects using this theme. I'm planning on a long "tea time" table to display 3D projects. I thought I would purchase lawn flamingoes to push randomly in the ground to add to the festive look.

Mz.Frogz

Alice in wonderland theme
Old 09-14-2011, 07:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

I saw your post and I was wondering if you could help me. I need help with ideas about a behavior plan with the alice in wonderland theme. I was thinking about a clip chart or like a pull card type thing. Do you have any other suggestions for this theme?
Mz.Frogz is offline   Reply With Quote

Mz.Frogz

Alice in wonderland theme
Old 09-14-2011, 07:22 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

did you ever do the alice in wonderland theme and if you did how did you decorate? also how did you do the behavior plan?
Mz.Frogz is offline   Reply With Quote