French Revolution Activities - ProTeacher Community

Jamie

Jamie

French Revolution Activities
Old 11-08-2005, 05:40 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hello,
I am a French teacher and I am looking for a game or simulation of the French revolution. Can anyone help me?

Jocelyn

Jocelyn

French Revolution (3 Estates)
Old 11-11-2005, 12:00 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Hi,
I am a World History teacher and I have a simulation for the beginning of the revolution. It focuses on the disparity in society and the 3 Estates, but it gets the kids mad enough that they want to start a revolution! They see how it all begins.
Separate the students into 3 groups (Estates).

1st Estate-Clergy- 1 student
2nd Estate-Nobility- 2 students
3rd Estate-Bourgeoises, Working Class, Peasants- All of the other students (make sure they are squished together)

I am the queen in the simulation (wear a tiara for added visuals!) and therefore I indulge my friends the 1st and 2nd Estate. I give them cookies on a silver platter. The other students start to get mad and jealous. Then I explain that my husband Louis needs to raise taxes for France. (Currently the 3rd Estate is paying most of the taxes yet are the poorest class). I move through the information about the Estates-General (voting, tennis court oath, etc). When it is all said and done, the 3rd Estate is out voted and they rebel (thus starting the revloution). So the peasants decide to start a revolution, but they only have shovels and torches to begin with. Through questioning I get the students to understand that if they are going to win a revolution they will need to have the proper weapons. Where are they to get it........steal them... and what better place than a prision.....The Bastille!!!!!

Hope that helps and gets your creative juices flowing.

Mrs C

Old 12-04-2005, 05:19 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I know there is a commercial card game called Guillotine (depending how large a group you have, you would probably need more than one deck).

There is a French Revolution online scavenger hunt:

http://www.quia.com/sh/2658.html

You could also dramatize a Reader's Theater/have a mock trial for Louis XVI, or the affair of the diamond necklace.
Mrs C is offline   Reply With Quote
Mrs. Smith

Mrs. Smith

I Can Help
Old 04-10-2007, 07:27 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

you can just hand out some french revolution skits....:/
bkw4502

bkw4502

Skits
Old 06-01-2007, 11:30 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Where can I find some french revolution skits?

Lishi123

Lishi123

This works!!
Old 09-29-2007, 11:18 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I used this simulation in my class to introduce the causes of the French Revolution. I brought in cookies, candy, and offered the first and second estate students privlidges and did not give any to the third estate. My students in the third estate were very upset and jealous of the first and second estates. I was able to ask them questions and they were able to answer that they wanted to make changes in the government. IT was very successful!!!
fkhgf

fkhgf

Old 06-18-2008, 10:40 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

that sounds like good idea
em78

em78

Old 01-19-2011, 12:30 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

you should find a french game.
riya

riya

drama
Old 07-04-2011, 01:13 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

can u plz helpme out with a drama of french revolution i have to enact in the assembly plz help me
can u reply me today itself
thankyou waiting for ur reply