Preschool Pictures for Schedule - ProTeacher Community

mrsshknbns

Preschool Pictures for Schedule
Old 08-31-2006, 12:29 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I would like to post our schedule in our classroom for my preschoolers and parents that keep asking what our schedule is for the day. I am trying to find pictures that would represent circle time, outdoor play etc. Does anyone know of any good websites that might have the pics Iam looking for? Thanks!

sunshine2

sunshine2

Old 08-31-2006, 01:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

what about taking pictures of your class doing these things with a digital camera and then printing them out! Parents love to see their children at play!

SoniaT

SoniaT

Try Boardmaker
Old 09-01-2006, 09:47 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Ask a special education teacher if you can use Boardmaker, which many teachers have on their computer. You type in the word ("recess") and it gives you the picture (kids playing on slide, etc.)

Barring that, www.tinsnips.org has a section with schedule cards.

Although I actually quite like the previous poster's idea of taking photos.

Cheers,
Sonia

cat

cat

pre-k teacher
Old 09-03-2006, 06:56 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I sometimes take pictures of the children in the actually activity or center and use that along with my daily calendar. You may also want to look through some of the catalogues that we receive, like lakeshore to cut our some pictures and laminate them. I also use a theme to write up my calendara on and run it across one area in the room on the wall. I use trains, use could use animals, shapes,etc. I would give the parents a printed calendar of the daily routine without times ,they may change ,this way you are not locked into a ridig schedule. There are times we need to change the progaram according to the needs of the children or outside elements.

TrekBikeWife

Boardmaker?
Old 09-04-2006, 02:50 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

That is what I always used - our ECE Special Education Coordinator got them for me.

tish

Agood website to invest in....
Old 09-04-2006, 04:16 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

is ABCteach.com.They have exactly what you want.
just me

just me

I also use
Old 09-04-2006, 07:05 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Boardmaker. It's awesome! My copy came from our district speech therapist/pathologist. You may also want to contact anyone you know who works with children with autism, our TEACH teachers use boardmaker.
I printed out pictures of our schedule, cut them apart and laminated them on top of blue construction paper. Then I just put the pictures in order in a blue pocket chart. My class moves a clothespin from activity to activity on the chart & they love it. It has also given that one VERY active child in my class a job that keeps him busy all day.
By putting them in the pocket chart, I can rearrange them as neccesary & change things as needed. (I also didn't use the times for that reason)