Help

ARCHIVE

Making Verbs Fun!

>

wolono

Making Verbs Fun!
Old 09-03-2006, 03:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Any ideas on how to introduce verbs and make it fun. Parts of speech seem hard for my second language learners, so I need something that will grab their attention. Thanks in advance!!

wolono is offline   Reply With Quote

isellabrate

Verbs
Old 09-03-2006, 03:49 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I did this with my third graders just last week. My students were paired up for this activity. I gave my students a large block letter V. (9 X 12) They took turns doing something and having their partner write it on the V. We then discussed and compared our lists. It was not a quiet activity, but it was a wonderful last hour on Friday afternoon bit of fun. We then discussed and compared our lists.
isellabrate is offline   Reply With Quote

dlynneteacher

Act out action verbs
Old 09-03-2006, 06:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I have my students act out the action verbs. Make it into a game of charades. Or, if that seems too loud, have the students draw the action verbs. Then have the students break into teams and make a characdes game. That can be more quiet if you set forth your rules and implement them with consistency. Or you can have students write 10 sentences with the verb as fill in the blank. Have students trade papers and work as partners trying to fill in the blank for 20 sentences (1 set of sentences for each student). The partnership that correctly fills in the most sentences wins a small prize. Hope your class has fun learning!
dlynneteacher is offline   Reply With Quote