Sign Out Sheet for Bathroom - ProTeacher Community

Rach

Sign Out Sheet for Bathroom
Old 09-05-2006, 05:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Does anybody have a copy of a sign-out sheet that they use to monitor bathroom use?

Rach is offline   Reply With Quote

hitchcock

Hall Pass Log
Old 09-05-2006, 06:05 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I have a copy, however I don't know how to attach it to the board. If you would like me to email it to you as an attachment please list your email address.
hitchcock is offline   Reply With Quote

sparklinteach

please, me too!
Old 09-05-2006, 06:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Could I have a copy too? Thanks :-)
sparklinteach is offline   Reply With Quote

K-Jeanne

Something I saw
Old 09-05-2006, 06:30 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I observed a model teaching week this summer. The teacher's procedure for the bathroom included moving a sign onto the student's desk and then the student would flip over a 3 minute sand timer. The idea was for the child to return before the sands were finished. It was amazing. You need to have 2 signs and 2 timers...one for the girls and one for the boys. It was great seeing how fast the boys return. This eliminates a list, motivates them into returning and allows for only one boy and one girl at a time. I observed this in a 2/3 combination. One of the kinderteachers that I work with does not have a bathroom. This procedure works with the young kids. It seems to create a personal challenge for each child. Just a thought. Good luck! Jeanne
K-Jeanne is offline   Reply With Quote

Bethany

I have one, but...
Old 09-05-2006, 06:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

...I have it on my computer at school. So, I'll attach it on here tomorrow. It's not much...just an Excel spreadsheet...but I'll be more than happy to share it. It works WONDERS!!!

Bethany is offline   Reply With Quote

GB

Poster
Old 09-06-2006, 05:35 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

It is easy to make a simple poster with boys on one side, girls on the other. Put one clothespin on the boys' and one on the girls' side. When Johnny gets back, he quietly touches Jimmy's shoulder. Jimmy puts the clothespin by his name, and goes.
GB is offline   Reply With Quote

lilla_beth

Old 09-06-2006, 09:56 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I have one that I use - it's very simple. but I can't attach it to the board. If you email me I'll send you a copy. lilla_beth@yahoo.com
lilla_beth is offline   Reply With Quote

jensw

electronic hall pass
Old 09-06-2006, 01:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I got an electronic hall pass and my sign-out sheet is very simple. You don't even need to type it up. I just have a spiral notebook with a line down the middle. Name on one side, amount of time gone on the other. The kids take the pass and when they come back they write down how long they were gone. There is no need to ask me, if it is during independent work time. If I notice that a student is abusing this privilege (I add up the time gone at the end of the week), then s/he and I work out a deal that will be best for us. I have one student who abused the privilege last week, so now he is limited to a total of 5 minutes per week and it is up to him to divide the minutes up.
jensw is offline   Reply With Quote

gina

bathroom
Old 09-06-2006, 05:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

I use the name plates that the students make on the first day of school (they write their name in big letters on a rectangle of manilla tag, then decorate the rectangle brightly). I glue two magnets onto the back of their name tags and they stick them on the front of their desks. When they need to use the washroom or get a drink, they take their name tag off the desk and stick it on the blackboard nearest the door. When they come back, they put the nametag back onto their desks. That way, there are no interuptions while I'm teaching. The rules are:
It must be an "emergency" (they should have taken care of the problem during recess and / or lunch).
They cannot leave when I am teaching the whole class or their particular group.
Only one boy and one girl out at a time.
It works really well, and if I suspect it is being abused, I have them write the time out and time in on the board.
Hope this idea helps.
Gina
gina is offline   Reply With Quote
i got you

i got you

get it
Old 10-19-2007, 04:57 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

at school i have a thing like that omg im so happy
that is a cutie thing happy halaween

benteach

black marble composition book
Old 10-19-2007, 06:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

is what I use. I simply write the date at the top of the page- make two lines to make three columns - with name/out/in in each of the 3 columns...I also have a pencil, the bathroom passes and a small digital clock sitting on a cubby cabinet near the door- the students sign in and out - by writing their name, time that they leave and then they return in the book - the composition book serves as a record - we have using it for the past 43 days of school.
benteach is offline   Reply With Quote