Help

ARCHIVE

Elementary Newspaper

>

jpaigefl

Elementary Newspaper
Old 09-06-2006, 01:44 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I would like to start a quarterly elementary newspaper using my 5th grade Language Arts Students. Has anyone done this? I announced it to my classes and told them it would start in a few weeks but I'm not really sure what I'm going to do with it yet! Any suggestions would be wonderful!

Thanks,

Jen

jpaigefl is offline   Reply With Quote

PGCSmith

Class Newspaper
Old 09-06-2006, 07:18 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I've never done a class newspaper before either, but I am hoping to give it a try this year. I'm going to read to my class a book called Landry's News by Clements, (I can't remember his first name.) It's about a girl who writes a class newspaper and eventually gets the whole class involved in it, including the teacher who has pretty much given up on teaching.

Then, I got this teacher create book from Amazon that looks like a good way for me, a beginner, to start. It's called, "Create Your Own Class Newspaper." Just cut and paste the address below and it will take you to the book.

http://www.amazon.com/Create-Your-Ow...e=UTF8&s=books

If you come up with any other good ideas please let me know. Good luck!
PGCSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Jadene_97

Jadene_97

Suggestions...
Old 10-01-2007, 11:19 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Hey! I have a couple of suggestions, maybe you'd like to know. Well, start out with a few people like and editor, a writer, a photographer, and a reporter. Then you could ask a teacher to see if you could maybe use some of your free time to work on the newspaper or interview someone!!! You could also see if you can reserve some time in the computer lab or a computer so you can make the newspaper and type it up. But remember, you need to try to get more people to join the newspaper business, but if too many people are there, just say, "I'm sorry, but there are too many people already. We just can't take anyone else in." So I hope my tips worked! Good luck!!! And remember to have fun!!! That's what this is about!!!