National Board Renewal ? - ProTeacher Community

mimi6

National Board Renewal ?
Old 09-03-2009, 04:19 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am quickly coming to the end of my 10 year National Board Certificate. Have any of you gone through the process?

mimi6 is offline   Reply With Quote

iluvmathtoo

Renewed already
Old 09-05-2009, 01:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I am an MC/Gen. It wasn't as bad as the first time. Make sure you have a record of your staff development since your certification. Things that you began before certification can be included. For instance, I was working on my Master's and finished after being certified. I could include that.

The hardest part for me was coming up with my 3 areas/themes. It is just a matter of looking at what you have been doing since certification and come up with these. Look for common themes that represent your work. Technology is biggg!! Make sure to include that.

The rest is easier once you get these. One thing I did for my two submissions was to represent work with students for one and with adults for the other. I did two videos. One segmented in different portions of a unit. The other was a colleague and I presenting during a staff meeting.

I hope this helps.

Good luck to you. : )
iluvmathtoo is offline   Reply With Quote

mimi6

Wow
Old 09-05-2009, 03:58 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

It makes my stomach hurt just thinking about it! I'm not sure if I'm up for it again When I certified the first time, I had a great support system at my school (3 of us were doing it together) This time, I would be the only one at my school going for re certification. It just sounds like Greek to me now. Plus, there is no help financially from the district...
mimi6 is offline   Reply With Quote

iluvmathtoo

I know!!!
Old 09-05-2009, 06:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

You really need to renew. I felt sick at my stomach over having to go through the process again. Watch for renewal workshops. NCAE had some workshops in NC for us. There is probably some help out there, just check around. Check with your county office to see if any others are renewing (or in neighboring counties). What is your certificate area?

It truly is not as bad as the first time. I thought to myself that I worked too hard to get certified just to let it lapse. Do it the first year you are eligible so you don't have the stress of knowing you must pass or else.

You can do it!! I would be more than happy to help you and answer any questions you have.
iluvmathtoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Sherwyn

Help!!!
Old 03-27-2011, 05:19 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Time is dwindling away! Do you know if you can use accomplishments since certification that leading to another field in education? I certified in Early Childhood Generalist and now teach High School English. Please let me know if you have the answer.

Sherwyn is offline   Reply With Quote