Sub Plans - ProTeacher Community

sbeevw

Sub Plans
Old 09-05-2009, 10:07 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Do you have any brilliant ideas to leave on sub plans?

sbeevw is offline   Reply With Quote

abc1234evr

sub plan idea
Old 09-05-2009, 11:17 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I went to the website www.teachersclubhouse.com and under management they have 3 days worth of lesson plans...they will cost you $8.99....they are based on 3 different books...Bad case of stripes, Sylvester and the ?????? pebble and the Sweetest Fig....it is an immediate download once you purchase them.....
abc1234evr is offline   Reply With Quote

ccteacher

Scholastic News|Weekly Reader|Time for Kids
Old 09-08-2009, 12:34 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I save a set of these early in the year and photocopy the activity pages that come with it. It already comes with a "lesson plan", so it's an easy time-filler.

I also have photocopied a story from the Evan Moor "Read and Understand" books. Each one has a story (usually 2-3 pages) followed by a couple of comprehension and skill-builder pages.

Last edited by ccteacher; 09-08-2009 at 12:35 PM.. Reason: typo
ccteacher is offline   Reply With Quote

Mariely

Sub Plans
Old 09-08-2009, 03:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I just finished making my emergency sub plans. We are required to have five days worth of plans. Here's where I found my resources for my lesson plans:

Reading:
I have a subscription to EdHelper (www.edhelper.com) and I just discovered their Reading Comprehension books. They allow you to put in a date range (maximum 7 days) and they'll randomly put various reading comprehension passages together along with some writing activities. You can select the grade level and voila, I created a whole week's worth to put in my emergency sub box.

Math:
One of my fellow colleagues introduced me to www.math-drills.com. They have a variety of math worksheets on various math strands. Check out the top of the page for links to Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, Division, and much more. If you click on Number Sense, you will find worksheets on place value, comparing numbers, and more. All forms are in PDF format and FREE!!!

Science and Social Studies:
I also used EdHelper for these. I found some great on level comprehension passages on various Science and Social Studies topics. I also found a couple, but not a lot, on ABC Teach (www.abcteach.com).

I hope this information helps you out in some way. Take care!
Mariely is offline   Reply With Quote

4strong

Plans
Old 09-08-2009, 04:18 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

At our school, we expect our subs to follow our lesson plans.

I always leave extra (in a folder) since I know subs cannot refer back to anything previously said in class or make a connection to what we have already done. Thus, they finish a lesson more quickly than I do.

Extras:
Weekly Reader--text features to help comprehension
Picture books to read aloud /stop in marked places to discuss or predict/think-pair-share/or respond to reading in journals

Math problem solving sheets...in student folders; take time; encourages critical thinking;can work with partner if behaving (see H.Renz's site--Daily Math problems or buy the book

Tangrams--use all to make a square; which shapes can you make with 2 pieces, 3 pieces, etc; create pattern

4strong is offline   Reply With Quote