please help, new aide with me and 32 kids - ProTeacher Community

twinmom+1

please help, new aide with me and 32 kids
Old 09-13-2009, 04:42 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I have 32 kids in my class and they are going to start giving me a full time aide (prob next week) She is awesome (been in the school for 21 yrs and knows the curric. too) ... aside from me teaching the direct instruction and then us breaking up into groups... do you have any other creative suggestions on how to run the class now? I really hope someone has something "magical" so that my stressful and horrible year with many days of crying will change into something better!!!!!!! any ideas for room set-up...we may be able to use the empty room next door- but it doesnt have a connecting door....
Hoping someone has some good suggestions, PLEASE!!!!!
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

twinmom+1 is offline   Reply With Quote

teach & learn

one suggestion
Old 09-13-2009, 04:49 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

is to give her a space of her own. My paras have always felt more a part of things when they have a space within the classroom to call their own.
teach & learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Lynn21

Lynn21

same here
Old 02-02-2010, 04:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I am in the exact same situation as you described, except we are starting the interview process in the next few weeks. I am a first year teacher who is just "getting the hang of things" and want to utilize the parapro as best as possible. Suggestions?

parapro113

Paraprofessional
Old 10-07-2010, 08:07 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I have been a paraprofessional for 13 years. I work with 1st and 2nd grades. I have my own classroom where I work with 20 children. We work on a 3 tier base. While I have children another parapro and our SPED teacher pull children from the same classes. This seems to help our teachers and the children really like going to another classroom. Gives you a chance to work with your higher level kids while others are working with the middle and lower levels. We also switch up and I get to do some really great enrichment projects. Hope this helps.
parapro113 is offline   Reply With Quote