Help

ARCHIVE

Grandparents Day

>

timpea2

Grandparents Day
Old 09-14-2006, 04:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Grandparents Day is coming up at my school. I want to do something out of the ordinary, but I'm not quite sure what. . .any ideas?

I usually put up a bulletin board about Grandparents. When the Grandparents tour the classroom, I usually have the students be "reporters" and interview the grandparents. However, I was looking for some other more exciting ideas . . .

timpea2 is offline   Reply With Quote

whteacher

Here's what I do
Old 09-15-2006, 01:15 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

At my school we have "Special Person's Day" in the Spring. Grandparents and other special people come for the afternoon.

I play "Berry Special Bingo". The kids color in strawberry markers before their special person is to arrive (keeps them calm since they are so excited). We also brainstorm a list of words to describe our special person. I put the very long list on the board.

When their SP comes in, they fill in the blank bingo board with words from the board. We then play "Berry Special Bingo". I usually buy prizes from the dollar store. Candy for the child and a crozzword puzzle book for the SP.

It is very fun and exciting. I love it because it takes time and everyone is involved.
whteacher is offline   Reply With Quote

jes81276

Old 09-16-2006, 04:46 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Our school has a special Granperson's day in the spring - first the grandparents gather in the auditorium and the children sing a few songs, and then the grandparents come back to the room where there are snacks (veggies. cookie platter) and refreshments for them and the children to share. The grandparents stay for about 20 minnutes, and the kids show them around the room, share stories with them, or just chat. It is a great day for all!
jes81276 is offline   Reply With Quote

timpea2

Thank you
Old 09-16-2006, 05:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Thank you for the wonderful ideas. I love the BINGO game as well as the veggies and cookies as a refreshment.
timpea2 is offline   Reply With Quote

tnford

Grandparents Day
Old 09-18-2006, 04:57 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I am excited about an idea I am working on with my class. I read The Important Book to the students. We then brainstormed some things that made our grandparents heroes(important) to us. Each student is writing about their grandparent in this format. I plan to publish it as a class book and have the students read it with their grandparent(special person) on that day.

tnford is offline   Reply With Quote