Veterans' Day Prayer Service - ProTeacher Community

kmob

Veterans' Day Prayer Service
Old 10-24-2009, 06:17 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

At my school one or two grades hosts a prayer service (Catholic School) for the entire school, grades K-8...my 5th/6th graders will present Veterans' Day. We will give a little history of the day and say a prayer of thanks to veterans as well as sing God Bless America and Thank You Lord...but I need help finding scripture readings that would fit this theme? Does anyone know a prayer for veterans? TIA

kmob is offline   Reply With Quote

imafive

Veteran's prayer
Old 10-24-2009, 06:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

http://thedivinemercy.org/news/story...D=3414&PLID=72
This prayer is from this site

We ask for blessings on all those who have served their country in the armed forces.

We ask for healing for the veterans who have been wounded, in body and soul, in conflicts around the globe.

We pray especially for the young men and women, in the thousands, who are coming home from Iraq and Afghanistan with injured bodies and traumatized spirits. Bring solace to them, O Lord. May we pray for them when they cannot pray.

Have mercy on all our veterans from World War II, Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan. Bring peace to their hearts and peace to the regions they fought in.

Bless all the soldiers who served in noncombative posts. May their calling to serve continue in their lives in many positive ways.

Give us all here present today creative vision to see a world that, growing weary with fighting, moves to affirming the life of every human being and so moves beyond war.

We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.
imafive is offline   Reply With Quote

kmob

imafive
Old 10-25-2009, 09:46 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

What a great prayer, thank you so much for sharing this with me.
kmob is offline   Reply With Quote

ichigo

Old 10-27-2009, 11:28 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Does your school have a lectionary for Masses with children? That's what we use when looking for a specific theme for our weekly Mass. They are divided by seasons of the Liturgical year but also into themes for each season.
ichigo is offline   Reply With Quote