6th grade Bulletin Board Ideas - ProTeacher Community

Annointed007

6th grade Bulletin Board Ideas
Old 11-02-2009, 07:29 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Okay so I have a Step Up To Writing Wall, a Language Arts Focus Wall and Math Focus Wall. I am board with all of those things...even then I don't think I am using those wall as well as I could be. Do any of you have any ideas of useful bulletin board ideas? I would love to see some interactive type walls or pretty much any ideas of how you do your Language Arts, Math, etc walls. I would love to see pictures or if you can explain it that would be great as well. I am just tired of my walls just being blah. Thanks!

Annointed007 is offline   Reply With Quote

jcornett

Me too
Old 11-06-2009, 06:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I have bulletin boards and I want to use them more. Otherwise, why are they there? Hopefully you will get some responses soon.
Thanks.
jcornett is offline   Reply With Quote

imalith

chat board
Old 11-07-2009, 05:56 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I started a "chat" board that looks very similar to the Proteacher layout. Kids draw a little symbol to represent themselves and then I give them a prompt. They draw their avatar and make up a cool web name. I posted their responses all taped together like a chatroom.

It simulates a tech look and kids enjoyed the mystery. At the end we guessed who had which avatar. I use it now to have them include an interesting fact about history, write a new word and definition they found from their self-selected novels, and write active verb short stories.

I have two classes, so I had a sign at the top that said "AM Chatroom". If I were really creative and ambitious, I would have attached the posts to a giant picture of a computer monitor.

Sorry, my attachment won't work. I think I have to save it in an old format.

Last edited by imalith; 11-07-2009 at 06:01 AM.. Reason: To explain no attachment.
imalith is offline   Reply With Quote

Baxter132

Brochures
Old 11-18-2009, 07:42 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

One idea is to have students make brochures that match the current story or topic. We just finished a study of Ancient China and students did a culminating brochure. It was differentiated as students chose the most important info to put into it and some used color photos printed from home and a few did the whole thing on Publisher. I stapled these where the flaps could still be opened on a bulletin board. I have seen the kids looking at them in the hallway and even the principal commented on how nice they look.
Just an idea!
Baxter132 is offline   Reply With Quote