TV is always too loud - ProTeacher Community

kas327

TV is always too loud
Old 11-24-2009, 07:19 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

No matter what we are watching my husband always has the tv too loud. I hate complaining or nagging- but I always try to politely ask him to turn it down, he will the huff and turn it down two notches. Arrr... I guess this goes with the whole venus and mars thing... or he is just deaf!

TommysMommy

What???????????
Old 11-24-2009, 07:26 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I hate a loud TV. The commercials on certain stations always seem to be about 30 decibles higher than the regular programming.

Ima Spedtcher

same here
Old 11-24-2009, 08:22 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

We are constantly fighting over the volume! I am happy with no volume and just subtitles- he wants it blasting! That and the fact that he has to have the tv on ALL THE TIME- he will turn it on and walk out of the room! It doesn't help that I am the type of person who is hypersensitive to noise............and he tends to have need to have noise 24/7.

I have gotten to the point where I just grab the remote and turn down the tv, if he isn't actively watching (what an oxymoron!) I just turn it off. No nagging or whining involved! Sometimes I even hide the remote for a good laugh!

minteacher

I thought was just me.
Old 11-24-2009, 08:26 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I always feel like I'm at the theater when we're watching tv together. But when he comes home from work, he complains that the tv is too loud. WHAT?

Kteach2

Surround Sound
Old 11-24-2009, 09:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Be grateful you don't have surround sound. My DH is the same way. Drives me crazy! When we watch movies, he has to turn on the surround sound and it truly feels like we are in the movie theater.

LindaR

Here's a solution!
Old 11-24-2009, 09:41 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

This is too funny! I've battled with this issue for many years, but my dh can't help it. I just happen to have very sensitive hearing, and his hearing was damaged from working on an aircraft carrier years ago.

SO.... he received a set of "ears" for Christmas! I'm telling you, they are the best! We're on vacation right now, so I can't tell you the brand, but I'm sure you can find them at any Best Buy (or similar). They look like a headset--not uncomfortable. It has a receiver to plug into the TV, but the headset is wireless.
My dh said the best part wearing them is that he can go to the bathroom anytime during a movie and still hear it

Hope you look into this.... it'll make a great Christmas present!

LindaR

Tiffany

Wireless headphones
Old 11-25-2009, 04:39 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I bought my husband a pair of Sennheiser RS120 headphones for his birthday. He always has the volume cranked because he can't hear the tv if there is any background noise. They're great because they are wireless and have rechargeable batteries. They were very easy to set up. I bought his online for about $60. Here's a link:

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-RS1.../dp/B0001FTVEK