Digestive System - ProTeacher Community

teach2heart

Digestive System
Old 11-28-2009, 01:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Does anybody have a good project to review the digestive system. We already did the lesson and I am looking to wrap it up with a cute project. I don't want to start a new unit right before break. Thanks for any help!

teach2heart is offline   Reply With Quote

MissA1stGrade

Old 11-28-2009, 02:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

My students make a comic strip to show the process of digestion. They show the food as it travels through the digestive system. The good even has funny little speech bubbles.
MissA1stGrade is offline   Reply With Quote

SJS

measure it!
Old 11-28-2009, 03:59 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Last year we measured our digestive systems using yarn and hung the models up...it was a very concrete lesson where kids really got a sense of how "long" their organs are!

Measure and cut a piece of red yarn from the front to the back of the mouth. (You can do this by stretching the yarn from the front of your lips to the back of your jaw along your cheek.)

Measure and cut a piece of purple yarn the length of the esophagus. (*The esophagus ends just below your rib cage.) Tie the esophagus to the mouth.

Find the length of the stomach by spreading the fingers of your hand and measuring the span from the thumb to the little finger. Measure and cut a piece of pink yarn to match this length. Tie the stomach to the esophagus.

The small intestine is the longest part of the digestive system; it is folded up inside of you so it fits. Food is further digested and absorbed here. Measure your height and multiply by four. Use green yarn to represent the length of the small intestine. Tie the small intestine to the stomach.

Last is the large intestine. It is much wider than the small intestine but much shorter. It is about as tall as you are. Undigested material from the small intestine move to the large intestine before being excreted. Use navy blue yarn to represent the length of your large intestine. Then tie the large intestine to the small intestine.
SJS is offline   Reply With Quote

majal

Jeopardy Game
Old 11-29-2009, 07:10 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I did this game to review before a test. Hope it helps.
Attached Files
File Type: ppt DigestJeopardy.ppt (404.5 KB, 85 views)
majal is offline   Reply With Quote

teacher7696

Grossology
Old 11-30-2009, 08:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

This site has a disgusting activity that they love. You use a blender and grind up hamburger and then it all ends up coming out in the end. I am not explaining this at all right. But check it out!

teacher7696 is offline   Reply With Quote