Help

ARCHIVE

Now Can Move Earlier

>

marybs

Now Can Move Earlier
Old 09-28-2006, 06:06 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Well, for those who read my last post on Help Please, my husband found out today that we can leave earlier, as early as November. We are seriously considering this option since they are trying to replace me. But we're not sure what to do. There's always that chance they won't find anyone and I will be there until Dec. and will be able to save that extra money but then again they could announce in two weeks they've found someone. UGGGHHH!!! We have to discuss it this weekend and have our final decision by Monday. One part of me wants to do just to get back at them for what they did to me (even though we're on good terms) but it would be funny to drop the bomb on them. Any opinions? If you don't know the whole story, scroll down to Help Please.

marybs is offline   Reply With Quote

dee

Your choice...
Old 09-29-2006, 01:35 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Why can't you change your leave date, anyway? Are you contractually obligated to give 60 days notice? CAn't you give 30+ days notice??? I would think they would understand if your military orders happened to "change."

You don't need to get back at them, just do what's best for you and hubby!
P.S. Don't forget to get a letter of reference! You could ask for it before you change your date since you "want to send out resumes as soon as possible."
dee is offline   Reply With Quote

oboyd

Old 09-30-2006, 06:59 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Hey there,

I read your other post the other day and my mouth just dropped. The reason being is that I just told my boss I was thinking of looking elsewhere because I am not really happy at my school anymore. When I read your post I though YIKES! Could not see my boss doing that to me... I hope not anyway. I really feel for you and your situation, so I hope it all works out for you. As much as you want to get back at them just remember not to burn your bridges. Teachers know teachers who know teachers if you know what I mean. You don't want to get a bad reputation. Good luck!
Liv
oboyd is offline   Reply With Quote

marybs

We changed our leave date
Old 09-30-2006, 09:38 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Well, we were able to change my husband's orders date. We are now leaving Nov. 13 instead of Dec. 13. After much consideration we figured that was much better in the long run. They could possibly release me before Dec. so with that in mind, we figured we should go ahead and move. Plus it will be better to travel then rather than around Christmas and we can have Christmas with our family now. I am not informing my school until about 3 weeks before, unless they find a replacement before then. I am definitely asking for my letter of reference which they have already said they would do. Thanks again for the replies.
marybs is offline   Reply With Quote