Behavior tracking template/form - ProTeacher Community

Mulberry123

Behavior tracking template/form
Old 12-04-2009, 04:24 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Looking for template,forma, sheet for tracking student behavior to share with a parent. Specifically, this student's parent would like something quantitative to share with her pediatrician. Possible ADD/ADHD. Any suggestions on what to track would also be helpful.

Mulberry123 is offline   Reply With Quote

unseen001

Will this help?
Old 12-04-2009, 04:28 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

http://pediatrics.about.com/cs/adhd/l/bl_adhd_quiz.htm
unseen001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Mulberry123

Old 12-04-2009, 04:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Yes, this is a helpful tool. Thank you for sharing. However, I am still looking for a checklist/tally chart that I can use every day for a period of time in the classroom. Any other help would be greatly appreciated.
Mulberry123 is offline   Reply With Quote

GAtchr246

Modify how you need
Old 12-04-2009, 05:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

i had an ADHD child, and created a pretty good documentation, PT won't let me attach it so PM me if you want it!
GAtchr246 is offline   Reply With Quote

unseen001

add/adhd
Old 12-04-2009, 06:42 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

http://www.brightfutures.org/mentalh...idges/adhd.pdf

unseen001 is offline   Reply With Quote

LangArtsLuvr

Student Behavior contract
Old 12-04-2009, 08:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I don't know if this is the type of thing you are looking for, but attached is a behavior plan that I used for an ADHD student that worked out pretty well. I kept a blank calendar on the front of the file where I filed the signed behavior reports to record the overall mark for each day.

The student picked the rewards from a list of suggestions I was willing to provide. She loved getting her sticker at the end of the day. At first it was a pain to have to remember to mark the behavior regularly throughout the day, but after a while it became routine and the student really responded to the immediate feedback, and worked to control her behavior to earn those smiley faces. I chose the two behaviors that I thought were the most severe and disruptive. One or more goals can be changed throughout the year if the behaviors on the plan greatly improve and there are others that need more attention.

Following are the guidelines for the behavior plan. I typed them up like a contract and had a parent sign it along with the student and myself. I will attach the document to another post as I can only attach one page at a time.

· Mary's behavior will be marked every 40 minutes, as indicated on the behavior chart.
· Mary will have the opportunity to earn between 14-18 J per day, depending on how many specials we have.
· Behavior for specials will not be marked if Mrs. Smith is not present during that class time.
· At the end of the day, an “overall” assessment of Mary's behavior will be marked on a calendar, and discussed by Mary and Mrs. Smith.
· Mary needs to have three or less L for the day to get an overall J. If she is successful, she can pick a sticker.
· After three L Mary may be asked to leave the classroom for a “time-out.”
· The behavior chart will be sent home to be signed by a guardian daily.
· If a substitute teacher is present, the behavior chart will not be filled out, and the assessment for the day will be based on the substitute’s report when Mrs. Smith returns.
· After 20 school days, if Mary has three or less overall bad days, Mary can eat lunch with Mrs. Smith.
· If Mary has NO overall bad days, Mrs. Smith will buy her McDonald’s for lunch, with parent/guardian approval).
· If Mary has more than three bad days before 20 days have passed, the count will start over at that point for another 20 days.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Behavior Plan - Blank.doc (40.5 KB, 406 views)
LangArtsLuvr is offline   Reply With Quote

LangArtsLuvr

Behavior Contract
Old 12-04-2009, 08:07 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Here is the behavior contract that was sent home to be signed.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Behavior Contract - Generic.doc (39.5 KB, 347 views)

Smurfyteach

She has a loong way to go as a school girl
Old 12-09-2009, 12:53 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

Langartsluvr--- Haha. There will be lots of 20 days worth in her life. Hopefully the time expected for her behavior to improve will lengthen beyond 20 days!
Are you kidding? So after all Mary's good behavior, (it's only 20 days.. sheesh) she would choose McDONALD's for lunch??!! I would never choose that for my reward and hard work at school. McDonald's could be one reason for her problem!
Why not guide her towards an appropriate reward? Like family time, a special book. Surely not food!
Just a thought.
Smurfyteach is offline   Reply With Quote

peachyplum

Behavior
Old 12-09-2009, 03:16 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

I have used interventioncentral.com to make behavior plans in the past. It will help you determine what you want to measure--frequency, duration, or latency. It's the ABC's of behavior--antecedent (before the behavior occurs), behavior, consequence. You could also google one of those and it comes up with examples. I hope this helps.
peachyplum is offline   Reply With Quote

LangArtsLuvr

Smurfyteach
Old 12-14-2009, 08:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

Don't knock it 'til you've tried it. With these kids you have to find their "currency" -- whatever motivates them. Maybe that's not what YOU would choose, but then again, I have to believe that YOU are not an 8-year-old ADHD child. It really doesn't matter what YOU would choose as a reward.

Secondly, "family time" really doesn't fit in this situation because we're talking about a reward that can be given at school. I don't really think there is anything inappropriate about using stickers, and the bigger reward for 20 good days (not all in a row) was to spend special time with me, which is something the student picked. The McDonald's was a special treat that was added as an incentive to have all good days in a row, not the initial goal.

Twenty school days is a month! For a child like that it is quite an accomplishment to have that many good days at all and earn the reward, let alone do it all in a row.

I found your post to be quite crass and critical yet you didn't really offer a better solution to the problem IMHO. Frankly, I don't know how long you've been a teacher or how much experience you have with children that have behavior challenges, but unless you have a helpful suggestion for how to address the situation maybe you should just keep your criticism to yourself. This behavior contract has worked quite well for many children in my school, actually. The goals can change as the behavior improves. And yes, the length of time can also be extended.

We're all just trying to do the best we know how to do. Each child is different and there is not a one-size-fits-all solution for those that are behaviorally challenged. I think that we have to be willing to try whatever we can do to motivate a child if it helps that child control his/her behavior, grow as a learner, and not disrupt the education of others, even if it means using unconventional methods or using McDonald's as a reward.

Just a thought.
Mrs.Deb

Mrs.Deb

ADHD is HARD
Old 01-21-2010, 08:54 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

Just want to say what a great teacher you are to be willing to do Mc.D's. My son is ADHD and it is at least three and four times harder for him to control impulses, etc. Some days, all he gets is a lot of correction from school and home. You're right - a whole month of good behavior is a BIG DEAL for an ADHD kid. I knew what ADHD was before I became a mom, but now that my kid is in that boat I know the heartache and impact of it.
mlvega2001

mlvega2001

Special Educator for 12 years
Old 04-22-2011, 08:44 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

I love the Tough Kid Toolbox. It has a ton of examples of tracking forms that would work perfectly. You can even adapt them for multiple IEP goals that need to be tracked throughout the day or the week or even that period.