Abeka k4 - ProTeacher Community

Mausie

Abeka k4
Old 01-03-2010, 06:49 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Do any of you do abeka k4? That is what I will be doing starting tomorrow. How do you get everything in and follow the state requirements? Any help would be appreciated.

Mausie is offline   Reply With Quote

Stormiej

Its a challenge!
Old 01-03-2010, 08:41 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

My school does ABEKA and my DD graduated from grammar school with it. I love ABEKA but it does require a lot of work from the teacher and students. We have 3 k4 classes and have to be on the same page each day. We do the required daily lessons and text book pages alike but are allowed to add our own twist to it. Its hard to get everything in so you have to juggle it with teaching styles, games, etc. I need to know what u need to know exactly and what your state requirements are. Starting tomorrow for us is curriculum review for the week, so I would go over all letters, sounds, blends, numbers, 1 vowel words, Bible verses etc, we have done to this point. It sounds like a lot but using various ways of presenting it gets the lessons in.

Starting next week, we would pick up with a new letter, Bible verse, number, individual phonics and group phonics. Things like character development, readiness skills, art etc. are fit in throughout the week on various days. I hope this helps some, if you need additional information message me on my page and I'll get back to you.
Stormiej is offline   Reply With Quote