Does anyone have an auto-accept program for AESOP? - ProTeacher Community

Sublime

Does anyone have an auto-accept program for AESOP?
Old 01-28-2010, 09:49 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Anyone have auto-accept for Aesop, such as Assignment Assistant? If so, do you recommend it? Seeing a job come up at 6 AM and not being able to get it with a 2 second response time (sitting at the computer with hand on mouse) is just ridiculous. I imagine others having an auto-accept program because this happened twice to me the other morning. After 10 years of working regularly (part-time), the past 2 years have been horrible trying to find jobs on-line. Hiring too many subs benefits the district, but does nothing for the subs.

Sublime is offline   Reply With Quote

Smiling Sub

I don't....
Old 01-29-2010, 05:29 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

but I agree with you! I lost a job the same way Last year, the jobs would go away quickly but not within the first two seconds that they were on AESOP...The district I am in is also flooded with subs...great for the district but not so great for us In addition, we no longer see jobs that are not within our certification right away. So, the system lets the people who have that particular certification have first crack at that job ( I get why they are doing it but it just stinks!). Fine for me, since I am Elementary Ed but someone who just has a Music or Art certificate must really be hurting right now....Also, I really enjoyed subbing Art and Music but I no longer see those jobs.
Smiling Sub is offline   Reply With Quote

yoohoo

Old 01-29-2010, 12:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

yes, certification seems to be a big issue with subs now....I here thru the grapevine that eventually all of subs (here in New England) would MOST likely have to be certified...YIKES!!!!

good for the schools that have these certification programs bad for us subs who can't even subsist on the paltry sum they pay us
yoohoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Gonzalez

Gonzalez

Don't care to give away my secrets.
Old 01-30-2010, 02:15 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Hopefully, you don't live in my district because there are too many subs looking for jobs. So my friend who lives in another state put me onto this subjobsearch program. He paid a lot more for it, but is delighted with it. I don't tell any of my sub teacher friends about it. They just think I am a lucky guy. OK, enough said.

thordau4

Old 01-30-2010, 03:22 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I don't have one, don't use one. Maybe I should but what if everyone got one? I'm thinking this is a tight spot which will pass. I hope my optimism is accurate!

I would feel uncomfortable with the elbows in Gonzalez's outlook.

thordau4 is offline   Reply With Quote

wnlbutterfly

Old 01-30-2010, 03:54 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I am doing a free trial with Jobulator, but it doesn't accept, you still have to do that. However, had a very strange glitch with Aesop (the one and only time Jobulator has shown a job since I got it a week ago). The job popped up, I went in and accepted, then got the "preferred sub email" in the inbox. I was impressed with that, if I had a minute heads up before other preferred subs. WELL, apparently the same time I was accepting online, it was calling another sub and she accepted also, so we both showed up (I got there first). The secretary was aware that she had to many subs the day before, and had called me, I told her she could cancel me if needed but she said no, she would call the other sub. But I don't know if it was the same sub that showed up and she just didn't get the call or what happened.

I know I have taken a sub call before and in the middle it tells me the job has been filled and hangs up, I guess in this situation it just happened to close together. The other sub was okay with the situation also, and headed out to a school function for her son.

I don't think the auto accept would work that well here, as most of the schools call the subs before inputting into AESOP. Only reason this showed up is that the first sub canceled, and she tossed it into the trash can instead of having the secretary do it.
wnlbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
britt873567

britt873567

where did you find sjs
Old 04-05-2010, 11:50 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

When I search for sub job search I cant find anything on it through their website or ebay. Can you buy it in stores or where?
carol2010

carol2010

Old 04-11-2010, 04:00 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I have been trying subsidekick.com and relly like it. you might give it a try. The best part is text alerts.
Kathrine

Kathrine

Sub. Teacher
Old 01-18-2011, 09:28 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

The new technology has taken the jobs right out from under our noses !
For instance, I 'accepted' a post one morning and by the time I clicked over to 'details' the job was no longer available !!!

This has got to be the worst system ever invented and it's geared for those who can afford $400.00 plus Blackberries etc.

I enjoy doing my job so much that it hurts when I know someone else is in there and I am not!
I also think the 'old faithfuls' have been let down badly by their districts. Anyone can and have walked in off the street and the school is finding this out the hard way !

Phew !