FCAT Pep Rally Play - ProTeacher Community

Corral

FCAT Pep Rally Play
Old 02-26-2010, 10:43 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Does anyone have a play the teachers could preform at the FCAT pep rally?

Corral is offline   Reply With Quote

TeacherBB

TeacherBB

Old 02-26-2010, 05:26 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

That would be fun! Would love to see that,.

ViolaSwamp

No script, but . . .
Old 02-27-2010, 12:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

We had to do something like this last year. We set up the stage like a classroom. 5 of us dressed/acted like students and 1 person was the teacher who was starting the test. We (as students) walked on and sat at our desks, acting very nervous about the test.
Then ominous music starts playing and a 6th teacher runs out dressed as a test monster (with giant bubble sheets on her like a sandwich board). We all jump up and ran to the side of the stage. Then we remembered that we can defeat the test with our test taking skills (cheesy, I know, but it worked). So the first "student" ran up to the moster and said something about remember to look for key words and then sprayed the monster with silly string. The moster screamed and backed away. Each student followed with another tip until the moster was defeated. Then we confidently took our seats and were ready to take the test.
I know it's kinda silly, but the kids loved it - especially the silly string part. Hope this helps!
ViolaSwamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Mysterywoman

We did this Thursday at our TAKS pep rally
Old 02-28-2010, 06:32 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Scene: Four students sitting at lunch detention. (At our school, lunch detention is for kids who need to finish work because they didn't do their homework, etc.)

Two have their feet up on the table.
One is talking on a cell phone.
Two have their hoods on (a no-no in our building)
One has on a silver sequined hat and sunglasses

(We made a big sign : Lunch Detention to hang on the front of the table. We were on stage in the cafeteria - the whole school was watching)

The lunch monitor comes by. The students take off their hoods, hats, sunglasses, and hide the cell phone. They quickly put their feet on the floor. She tells them to be quiet and get to work. They all say "Yes, ma'am" but as soon as she leaves the stage, they get back to doing what they were doing.

Dialogue:

Teacher 1: I'm tired of studying and strategies!! All Mrs. _________ says is SHOW YOUR WORK, SHOW YOUR WORK!!!

Teacher 2: Tell me about it! You should see Mrs. ____________ wave her arms around when she says IF YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THE PROBLEM AFTER READING IT THE FIRST TIME, READ AND REREAD!!!!!

Teacher 3: You should have seen Mrs. __________________'s eyes bug out when I asked her if I needed to prove my answers! She said YOU ALWAYS NEED TO PROVE YOUR ANSWERS!

Teacher 4: Why does Mrs. ________________ make us do main ideas for each paragraph? That's all she ever talks about!!

Teacher 1: If you ask me, they've all gone over to the dark side!

Teacher 2: Hey.....what do you think would happen if we actually DID everything they're telling us to do?

All the teachers assume a pose of thinking with their chin on their hands.

(At this point, the music teacher, who was running the videos and music, played that sound when someone is having a dream. Then on the screen above us, he showed a video we had recorded the previous week of the principal giving us our TAKS medals. When the principal called us one by one, the teachers on stage reacted with exaggerated surprise and self-congratulation and high-fives and fist bumping)

AFTER VIDEO:

Teacher 3: I think maybe we SHOULD do everything they've been telling us to do!

Teacher 4: (the one with the cell phone) Hey, I'm going to text ______________ to see if we can all go over to her house tonight to practice our strategies!!!!

Applause, applause, applause.

The best thing about this was, when each teacher spoke complaining about a certain teacher, it was HER! For example, the character played by Mrs. Smith was griping ABOUT Mrs. Smith. All the kids loved the play. We got lots of compliments from other teachers and parents, too.
Mysterywoman is offline   Reply With Quote