ARCHIVE

Red Ribbon Week/Door

>

Ora

Red Ribbon Week/Door
Old 10-21-2006, 05:18 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi

We are celebrating red ribbon week at our school next week. I have to decorate my door. Any ideas or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. PLEASE HELP!

Ora is offline   Reply With Quote

woodsie79

Door Ideas
Old 10-21-2006, 05:34 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

We do the same thing at our school. I also teach third grade. One year my class did 'Too Cool For Drugs' and the kids each drew themselves wearing sunglasses and we glued them onto the background. (we use bulletin board paper for the background, it's the right width for our doors so all we have to do is cut a piece long enough.)

I saw a teacher who was putting hers up on Friday. It was cute too. It looks like she had her kids write a poem about the dangers of using drugs. It started off something like 'If you smoke, you will choke' and then went on to talk about drugs and alcohol.

I usually get my ideas by having my kids brainstorm. They really do all the work for this project. They create the design, make the things to put up, and actually put it together. It's a contest at our school and the best door on each floor gets a prize.
woodsie79 is offline   Reply With Quote

hsteph

Here's a link to a Say Boo to Drugs bb
Old 10-21-2006, 12:05 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

http://www.mrspohlmeyerskinderpage.c...otodrugsbb.JPG
hsteph is offline   Reply With Quote

walkingdi

more ideas
Old 10-21-2006, 08:59 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

This may be too late but here are some ideas that are in my hallway right now:
My door is "Don't get wrapped up in drugs" the class painted tongue depressors green and added wiggle eyes and wrapped them up in yarn. They all made speech bubbles about saying no to drugs.
Another teacher made a "broncopoly" game board and the class made the spaces on the gameboard with warnings about drugs and the title was: Don't Play Games with Drugs
Good Luck
Dianne
walkingdi is offline   Reply With Quote

mellen

Last year...
Old 10-22-2006, 09:05 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

...we used the phrase "Room 16 says Stay Clean! Don't do drugs!" Then we decorated with a large bathtub, a bathmat below it with a pair of slippers on it, and bubbles coming up out of the tub. On each bubble was a picture of my students. It came out cute and we won!

This year, I've written a paragraph using product labels. ( I pledge to make a healthy choice and stay away from drugs. Etc.) The paragraph will be posted on my door, surrounded by red ribbons with each student's picture on it. We'll see what happens. I don't expect to win this year. It's gotten pretty competitive and I think it's rather silly. I just like to have fun with it.

mellen is offline   Reply With Quote
EElizabeth

EElizabeth

Red Ribbon Doors
Old 10-31-2007, 11:47 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

My last name begins with a "P", and my homeroom kids chose their intramural team name as Ms. P's Princes and Princesses. So...we went with that theme for our door, and ended up with "P.'s Princes and Princess Protest Pot and Pill-Popping!" Each student colored a prince/princess paper doll outfit and placed their school picture for the heads. They made protest signs and made it look like they were being held by the princes/princesses. I glued my picture onto a pic of Queen Elizabeth and captioned "The Drug Free Queen P." It turned out really cute! We've also done a "Drugs Are Scary" sort of theme where the kids made their pictures look scary/ghoulish. One of the teachers did "I'd Rather Eat Slugs Than Do Drugs" and had the door decorated with gummy worms and dirt/leaves. "Drugs: They're What's For Dinner" was used last year and the class made 2 skeletons "eating" drugs at a candlelit dinner table. Hopefully some of these ideas can help you!