-Welcome BB (2nd Graders)

MONSTER THEME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tia

wiggytails is offline   Reply With Quote

Rhonda71

a thought
Old 03-29-2010, 03:46 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I am thinking about monsters as well for my classroom. My last name is Moore so I was thinking of "Moore's Marvelous Mon-Stars". That way I can use monsters, bright colored stars, rockets and some planets as decorations. I think I will be hard pressed to find alot of monster stuff. When I do a theme I like to have fun stuff mixed amoung my educational posters.
I have seen monster multiplication facts bb set (it could be changed to add or subtract easly) -A Reading Monster set - Pop-its Pockets(monster themed for helpers) all from Carson Dellosa

I have seen a BD poster with monsters some where. (not sure where if I find it I will let you know)
Rhonda71 is offline   Reply With Quote

teach42morrow

Monster Ideas
Old 03-30-2010, 12:24 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Monster Math Facts
Math Mon-STARS
Wild About Reading
Growling Good Work
Monster Celebrations!
Marvelous Monster Manners

I'll keep thinking!
teach42morrow is offline   Reply With Quote

wiggytails

I found several Monster
Old 04-03-2010, 04:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Bb SETS FROM a catalog called school speciality. It had a Welcome BB, a Helpers BB, and a Reading BB. Deskt tags were also Monster Theme.
I am changing themes because 7 out of 15 classroom teachers did Monkey theme last year..... I like to change, but am having a mental block. Great ideas ladies.

Keep them coming! You ladies are always so CREATIVE!!!
With financial times being strained in my school district, we'll pray I have a job to use these Monster Themed Classroom ideas.

kckrzy

Monster Theme
Old 04-08-2010, 07:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I did a monster theme this year in my 3rd grade classroom. The kids loved it. I made a large monster for outside my door and put the students' names on small monsters around it. The title, A Monsterous Welcome to 3rd Grade as well as the small monsters were cut out of scrapbook paper so they were colorful. I cut the paper down to size and ran it through the copier. I hung double sided monsters from the ceiling with each students name on them. I have the multiplication monsters so I enlarged a couple of them to go around my classroom rules and another poster. I found a lot of monster items at the dollar isle at Target. For my helpers I have a large hairy monster with several hands and it says Helping Harry and each hand holds a card that the job is written on. Math BB: Math Mon-Stars. I did a star with a monster head in the middle and used the monster border. I bought monster fingers from Oriental Trading and we have Monster Mondays in reading groups and the students get to put their monster finger on to follow along in their book. It has been a fun theme.

kckrzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Rhonda71

Late April
Old 04-14-2010, 05:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

there is a BB set coming out from Trend late April early or early May that is called Furry Friends. I got the BB bourder this past weekend. If the seet is anything like it it will be great. Good luck. I am doing monsters as well this next year
Rhonda71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Weezer

monster theme
Old 05-01-2010, 10:25 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I tried to find the welcome bulletin board set and the monster helper bulletin board set and I couldn't find them on that site. Do you know the numbers or any other way I might find those sets?
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote

wiggytails

The Product name was
Old 05-06-2010, 06:56 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

Teachers Friend. They had a calendar set and a Welcome Bulletin Board as well as a helpers BB set. Carson Dellosa has a Reading BB set.
I hope this helps?
wiggy

froggies2

monster ideas...
Old 05-15-2010, 06:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

Thanks for all the wonderful ideas! I ran across a few others... Monster muchies for breakfast/lunch menus, M.o.n.s.t.e.r. binders: Materials organized neatly, students take extra responsibilty. Found a website that was using monsters to help promote their reading program. Title was "Don't let reading scare you, be a monster reader." I'll keep looking for ideas as well.
froggies2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Chrystal

Chrystal

Monster Classroom
Old 07-21-2010, 03:14 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

Hi...THIS is a fabulous idea! Can you post any pictures of this?
cjsmom1

cjsmom1

kindergarten teacher
Old 08-29-2010, 07:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

I am doing a moster theme this yr. I am leaving my bulletin boards stars as I do not have to take them down this yr. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about a buletin board that would incorperate the monster theme with and All abuot me theme.

eduk8ur

Monster Theme
Old 03-21-2011, 06:22 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

I am doing Monster theme as well. Our local school supply store has TONS of monster stuff. Welcome to School, Monster Measurement, Monster Time both for math, Furry Friends, about 5 different monster borders. I found some small stuffed animal monsters for Easter of all things at Walmart, 3.00 each and picked up the two kinds they had. I am going to hang them from the ceiling.
eduk8ur is offline   Reply With Quote

heatherm

1st Yr Teacher Doing Monster Theme
Old 07-06-2011, 05:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #13

Hi all! I too am doing the monster theme. I need to find some material for valances for my room but haven't had alot of success. Have you seen any? I'm so excited about this I can hardly contain myself!
heatherm is offline   Reply With Quote

wiggytails

Old 07-08-2011, 03:35 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #14

I did polka-dots. My sister suggested that furry fabric.... I wish I would have thought of that before. That would be so cute with the Monsters/Furry Friends theme.

kckrzy

Old 07-08-2011, 04:25 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #15

I looked for monster material yesterday and couldn't find any. Doing monsters again this year. Found a lot of monster bb sets on the Scholastic site.
kckrzy is offline   Reply With Quote

heatherm

Valance Problem Solved
Old 07-14-2011, 07:59 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #16

Since I did find the furry blue material on-line, I thought I was in luck until I saw it was $30 per yard. I went to my local craft store and bought a teal blue solid fabric, then found a trim with multi-colored neon feathers to trim out the bottom. The feather trim looks like monster fur. I can't wait to get it together to see what it looks like!

There were some monster fabrics on-line as well, but nothing I was looking for except one and it only came in quilting squares.
heatherm is offline   Reply With Quote
Jrm06

Jrm06

Monster theme
Old 07-21-2011, 05:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #17

Can anyone think of a way to do a behavior chart with the monster theme? I am all out of ideas!
KCFDN

KCFDN

Monster theme
Old 07-27-2011, 11:51 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #18

I am doing a monster theme classroom as well! Scholastic.. ReallyGoodStuff..Beckers and even Michaels has monster themed things from bookmarks to bulletin board sets. For a first day activity/Sept. Bulletin board.. I am doing.. "We are all M.O.N.S.T.E.R.S.- Motivated Outstanding Nice Special Terrific Energetic Responsible Students (I am just brainstorming.. will think of more interesting words..) I will have them make their own monster and fill in an all about me page.. I am also color coding their groups and each group will have their own color monster.. lastly i will have a monster that moves around the room and that watches and "catches" students doing the right thing.. if they are caught they will get a little paw print letting them know

WebJunkie

local teacher store
Old 07-28-2011, 07:19 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #19

I bought the Furry Friends set at my local teacher store and fell in LOVE. I absolutely could not walk away! I think within that set there is a little monster girl with pigtails on a tire swing and you can hang that on the homework board: Get into the swing of Homework!

Lots of possibilities come to mind if you get that set. There was also some "furry friends" cut outs that I'm going to put their name on and birthdate underneath.

My last name also begins with an "M" so we will be the M---- Monsters. And I like the above acronym from previous poster. It will keep it less offensive to the parents that Im calling their children monsters.
WebJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
lizzer

lizzer

2nd grade teacher
Old 08-04-2011, 10:42 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #20

I'm going monster crazy!!! I am using "Avoid Beastly Behavior" as a title for the students behavior charts. I also made an adorable sign for the classroom door saying, "Beware! This classroom is full of little monsters!"
Mrs.DB

Mrs.DB

Monster Writing!
Old 08-15-2011, 03:34 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #21

I have been moved from 8th grade to 3rd because of seniority in my district MONSTERS is my new theme because I have a connection with our local hockey team and they are the Monsters...I need help with a Writing Wall Theme and suggestions?