new to scholastic book orders - ProTeacher Community

firstyear2009

new to scholastic book orders
Old 04-18-2010, 08:06 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Because of a gazillion issues I am FINALLY starting my scholastic book club orders. I do have a few questions since I'm obviously a new teacher and new with scholastic.
I'm only allowing my parents to order online since I work at a private school and my parents are well-off and regular internet users.
Question 1- The book club magazine says "free book for your classroom everytime you order online" Now do I get to pick out the books? Do they send a random book? or is this what they mean by bonus points and then I can use the points to purchase books?
Question 2- I saw something on the site that says the total orders have to be 20.00 or more to ship for free? What happens if I don't get enough orders? (this probably won't be a problem, but just a what if) It doesn't tell me anything about shipping prices.

Any other tips Thanks!! I'm really excited to spend my hard earned money on books!! (my weakness!)

firstyear2009 is offline   Reply With Quote

Linda K

Old 04-18-2010, 08:41 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

You get a coupon that you can redeem at a later date every time a parent orders online. Your order must total $20 in order for it to ship for free. You can pay extra if it is less than that.
Linda K is offline   Reply With Quote

firstyear2009

Old 04-18-2010, 12:49 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

How do you order books for yourself online?
firstyear2009 is offline   Reply With Quote

ArnieTheDonut

Scholastic.com
Old 04-18-2010, 05:17 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Go to the website and sign up, then it will walk you through. There is a place to redeem coupons for books under $3. If you do not get orders over $20 they charge you for shipping. Before you spend your own money, wait until your students order and you can use your bonus points to order books for the classroom. They often have coupons to give you extra bonus points to use. I have earned so many points that I have been able to order classroom materials such as pocket charts and pointers also. Explore the website first so you know where everything is.
Hope that helps!
ArnieTheDonut is offline   Reply With Quote

sipping tea

Old 04-18-2010, 05:41 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I did register and I already have 3 parent orders... but I'm still fuzzy on a few things.. also, you can only redeem one coupon at a time?

Also, where do I order books for the class?

sipping tea is offline   Reply With Quote

Love is...

Old 04-18-2010, 08:29 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

use the tabs at the top "order with dollars" and/or "order with points." I was able to redeem bonus points, free books picks and $3 coupons. Use the "coupon tab" and redeem they one at a time.
Love is... is offline   Reply With Quote

Outlander

Ordering on line help
Old 04-19-2010, 06:15 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Scholastic is very user friendly. If you need to, give them a call while you are on-line and they will be happy to help you through the process. Once you have earned some points you can use them to apply to shipping if you don't a $20 order. But, you will be surprised that you will rarely have a low order.

Once you have set up an account, feel free to browse the website. The top tabs take you to student orders, teacher orders, and bonus point orders. You can look around freely without having to order anything.

It took me a few times to feel comfortable, but I got there, and so will you. Good luck, spending those bonus point for books is FUN!
Outlander is offline   Reply With Quote
sipping tea
Old 04-20-2010, 03:27 AM
This message has been deleted by sipping tea.