Anyone a member of Kappa Delta Pi? - ProTeacher Community

Anonymous

Anonymous

Anyone a member of Kappa Delta Pi?
Old 11-23-2005, 05:49 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I have been invited to join Kappa Delta Pi at my university. Do any of you have experience with what goes on at the initiation ceremony and what expectations you are expected to do when you join? Do you have to make any certain pledges or anything? Thank you so much for your help!

Anni Amersha

Anni Amersha

Future Research Room Teacher
Old 02-11-2006, 04:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Yes, I am. When I was invited I had the same kind of fears that you are experiencing until someone explained to me that Kappa Delta Pi is an honorary society and not a sorority. The initiation consists of attending an honor award ceremony where you will be announced as a new member and recieve your Kappa Delta Pi pin to wear proudly for all to see. The pledge is to serve and to live as a good teacher that you may guide young and old to know the truth and love the right. You will be given a plaque signed by the Kappa Delta Pi Counselor, the President, and yourself. Meetings are held monthly during the fall/winter semesters and Kappa Delta Pi is involved in beneficial works that serve not only your university but the general public as well. Welcome!
lmarie

lmarie

Old 04-22-2006, 12:29 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Kappa Delta Pi also offers a lot of perks to its members such as scholarships and awards. Not to mention it looks especially good on a resume when you go in for your teacher interview!