Modified "I give you back your child..." - ProTeacher Community

cntryheart

Modified "I give you back your child..."
Old 05-20-2010, 01:37 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I was thinking that I might use this for my own child to take to his teachers. So I worked on modifying it to go from parent to teacher instead of teacher to parent. I am looking for suggestions, improvements, what you think, etc.

Dear Teacher,
I will take back my child now-- this child that I confidently entrusted to your care last fall. I know that I take him back pounds heavier, inches taller, months wiser, more responsible, and more mature than he was then.
Although he would have attained his growth with a different teacher, I know that his life has been enriched, his mind stretched, his opportunities broadened, and his insights deepened because of your influence, insight, and support.
I take him back reluctantly, because after spending nine months with you, I know that his summer days will not be as full of knowledge, wonder, or curiosity.
Ten years from now if he sees you on the street, he will recall the bond that he feels today and will be warmed to feel that familiar bond again. Twenty (or thirty) years from now, he may tell his own child about the wonderful days he spent with you laughing, playing, studying, learning, and exploring.
I have been here through the struggles as well as the bright spots. I know the stumbles that my child has taken along the way and I know the difficult student that he can be. I will never forget the time and effort that you gave to him.
I shall always be in your debt.
Ms. Cntryheart
(Little Bear's Mama)

cntryheart is offline   Reply With Quote

ForeverMom

Old 05-20-2010, 01:46 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

That's fantastic!!! It made me cry as a mom and a teacher!

What a wonderful mom you are to give that to your child's teachers!!
ForeverMom is online now   Reply With Quote

OmahaTeacher

Old 05-20-2010, 04:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

You brought a tear to my eye, too. I think it sounds good the way it is! My oldest is finishing up kinder this year. It's sad to think he will never be in this place again.
OmahaTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote

CountryJo

Oh, my....
Old 06-12-2010, 07:57 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

what a wonderful letter to send to your child's teacher. It is a rare ocassion when a parent shares such moving thoughts with their child's teacher. It is a perfect Teacher Appreciation gift. Thank you for sharing.
CountryJo is offline   Reply With Quote