Gifts for students - ProTeacher Community

qwest2teach

Gifts for students
Old 11-25-2005, 07:46 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Any great ideas for gifts for students from the teacher? Would like something other than free homework pass, pencil, etc. Keeping in mind expense also.

qwest2teach is offline   Reply With Quote

tish

New Year"s gift
Old 11-25-2005, 07:56 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

You did not say how many kids you have so I don't know if this would be too expensive. I make my kids a bag that they can use for New Year's Eve. I buy the arge plastic clear bags from the dollar store and fill it with a hat, noise maker, bag of micrwave popcorn, confetti a New Year paper plate and cup and any other things you want. I purchase all the items at the Dollar store. I also include a paper to write down their New Tear's resolutions.My kids last year really enjoyed them.
tish is offline   Reply With Quote
Phelan

Phelan

Gift Idea
Old 11-25-2005, 02:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I buy each kid a cheap book from the book order. I just bought the best Christmas Peagant Ever for .95 each

Suzanne

Christmas gifts for students
Old 11-26-2005, 04:13 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Hello. Atlas pencils offer a set of pencils (3-4) with students' names on them. They come in a little pouch. You'll need to order soon, though. I think they were .79 per pack. Also, scholastic books offered certificates for students that allows them to choose a book worth up to $3.95, yet the certificate was onlyy $1.95, plus you could buy them with bonus points. Also, you might find something at the dollar store. In the past I've bought calculators, yo-yos, word search books... And finally, check out oriental trading. They have a ton of fun stuff at a reasonable price. Good luck! (Sadly, after those suggestions, my kids get the biggest thrill over the "no homework pass."
Suzanne
Suzanne is online now   Reply With Quote

hoptech

Atlas Pencils
Old 11-26-2005, 11:52 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I really like the idea of giving my students a pencil set with their names on them, I went to www.atlaspencils and couldn't find them. How did you find them?

hoptech is offline   Reply With Quote

Suzanne

try this
Old 11-27-2005, 09:41 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I'm sorry, I should have been specific. Try www.forteachersonly.com
That should work.
Suzanne
Suzanne is online now   Reply With Quote

SusanTeach

stuffed animals
Old 11-27-2005, 05:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I know it sounds babyish, but my students LOVE stuffed animals! I gave them each one last year (bought at a teacher supply store, but Oriental Trading has similar prices) and they loved them! I also gave them one at the end of the year as a going away gift. They got a kick out of letting them sit on their desk all day on the last day of school (or last day before Christmas break). I also included a candy cane and a book mark (they always need those). I put them in an inexpensive cellophane bag from Walmart (or PartyCity).
SusanTeach is offline   Reply With Quote

ogteacher

Gifts
Old 11-28-2005, 02:26 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I teach a combination 4th, 5th, 6th grade class and always give my students stuffed animals. They adore them. I either get them at Oriental Trading, or the Dollar Store.

Chris
ogteacher is offline   Reply With Quote

Mom4a_and_c

New Year's idea
Old 11-28-2005, 06:09 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

I love this idea. I think I am going to try it. It's something different.

Thanks for your idea.

Marie from PA
Mom4a_and_c is offline   Reply With Quote

ksuwildcats

christmas ornaments
Old 11-28-2005, 10:29 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

I take plain colored Christmas balls and use a paint pen. I then write Merry Christmas on them and the year, their name, and I sign it. That way they will have something to keep forever and remember me and put on their trees.
ksuwildcats is offline   Reply With Quote

hoptech

Thank You!
Old 11-28-2005, 01:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

Thank You! I went to the website and ordered them. They are very reasonably priced. My students are constantly missplacing their pencils, this should help. Thanks again for finding such a useful holiday gift for my students.
hoptech is offline   Reply With Quote
Mrs.J

Mrs.J

love the ideas!
Old 11-28-2005, 06:19 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

Thanks for all of the great ideas! I do have to say that I have given the personalized pencils and the kids love them! They are really excited to have their names on the pencils and I usually have at least one child ask..."How did you do that?"
LTM

LTM

Old 11-30-2005, 06:27 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #13

I make tablets of stationery for my students and they always love it.. Set up a paper into two columns in a word processing document. I put in student's name and a fun clip art picture next to it. (so you have two on a page..landscape style) Then I make about 50 (or more) copies of each page and take them to a printer to be cut and bound.
It's not expensive and inspires some great writing when they have their own personal letterhead!

angieme

Christmas Ornaments
Old 11-30-2005, 07:04 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #14

I really like making homemade ornaments for children. For approx. 15.00 you can make 15-20 beautiful ornaments for the children. I get the clear glass ball from Ben Franklin or Walmart and various colors of Delta Craft Paints "pearl" paints (also Walmart - less than 1.00 per bottle). Remove the metal top, pour in a little bit of 1 color, swirl, second color, swirl, third color, swirl and up to a 4th color and swirl. Turn upside down in a small styrofoam cup to drain overnight. Replace metal cap. They are always beautiful. Don't be afraid to try some of the golds, silvers, and bronze colors mixed in with the brights. They look great when they dry. I'm 37 years old and I still put some of the prettier ornaments that I received from teachers on my Christmas tree. (I love my pink oragami swan from my 1st grade teacher!)
angieme is offline   Reply With Quote

kattykitty44

Student Stationary
Old 12-10-2005, 12:15 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #15

Thank you for such a creative (and relatively cheap) idea for a student gift. As soon as I read your posting, I made a set for my class. Now all I have to do is copy and bound them!
Mel
kattykitty44 is offline   Reply With Quote

kattykitty44

Stationary tablets
Old 12-17-2005, 06:21 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #16

I made the stationary tablets for my class. The cover and the individual pages were headed with "From the desk of Wise Whiz ______." The cover was in color. My kids LOVED their personalized stationary! They started using them as soon as they opened their gift bags. Thanks again for a really cool, cheap gift idea!
kattykitty44 is offline   Reply With Quote
KinderKrazy

KinderKrazy

apple ornaments
Old 12-18-2005, 03:42 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #17

I have also made ornaments. I use the metallic apples from the dollar store (six for a buck!) and put each child's name on it with a gold metallic gel pen. To dress up the printing, I add those tiny little balls at the end of each line in the print. In smaller letters I put my name and the year. I like the apple idea because it's just so easy, inexpensive and "teachery!"

Mom4a_and_c

Shatterproof ornaments
Old 12-18-2005, 06:07 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #18

I made my class a "New Years" bag with goodies to open up on New Years eve. I also made them each a small shatterproof ornament with their name wrote on it in permanent marker. I put their grade & year on the bottom. The ornaments were cheap (12/$1) from the dollar store.

Marie from PA
Mom4a_and_c is offline   Reply With Quote

MsYork

Old 05-21-2006, 01:41 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #19

Any other gift ideas? Perhaps with an "end of the year" theme?
MsYork is offline   Reply With Quote