ARCHIVE

learning games

>

pamr

pamr

learning games
Old 11-05-2006, 05:03 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Does anyone have any learning games that the children really love? We play Sparkle, tic tac toe, around the world, but was hoping to find something new and different. Thanks!

CageyBee

Learning Games
Old 11-05-2006, 05:30 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

A first grade colleague always played Hangman on the front board with her children using spelling lists, holiday words, and even reading vocabulary words. She set it up that they were one team playing against her. It was a great thing to watch...they loved it and she was dramatic about every move and letter found. She also played I SPY in math saying things like "I spy with my little eye the shape that has eight sides." Or "I spy with my little eye the number that eight minus six equals." I know a second grade teacher bought math Bingo but you could go to TeachingMadeEasier.com and make them. There is a fee but well worth it! I do believe you can try it for free for a bit but the word SAMPLE or something like that is in the background when you print. Glad to see your having fun with your kids!
CageyBee is offline   Reply With Quote

mab

We like to play...
Old 11-05-2006, 01:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Second Grade Feud! It's a take off on Family Feud. I use my desk bell, put it between contestants, and ask the question or math problem, etc. The first one to ring the bell and tell or write the correct answer scores a point for their team. If they get it wrong the other person gets a chance at it. Sometimes I play it that of they both get it wrong, then they can go to their team for the answer! Always lively, and fast paced!
mab is offline   Reply With Quote

mrs9

spelling football
Old 11-05-2006, 04:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

We play this before a test, set the board up with our NFC team and the opponent for the week, draw a football field and have 2 laminated footballs, class split into 2 teams to play. Its either that or Sparkle.
mrs9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Mz. B

Fourth Grade Family Feud
Old 11-02-2008, 08:42 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I have been looking for a new study game to use with my fourth grade class (for Science and Social Studies) and my students loved this game. I use to use BINGO, for Science vocabulary; however this became a little boring and really could only be focused on vocabulary, not so much the content. I also tried Jeopardy, but making the board was just too time consuming. The way the game Family Feud works, is exactly how I run particapation in my class. If I call on a student for an answer and that student is having difficulties, they are directed to the class to find a peer that can help them out. I think that is why this game is such as success for my students. Peer support for learning is very valuable. Thanks for the great idea!

Mz. B is offline   Reply With Quote