Book Baskets - ProTeacher Community

teach8381

Book Baskets
Old 06-06-2010, 10:35 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I want to get all new book baskets for my books. Does anyone know of any places or websites where I can get book baskets that are not too expensive? Thanks

teach8381 is offline   Reply With Quote

SeaTeacher

reallygoodstuff.com
Old 06-06-2010, 10:37 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Our grade level purchased the magazine holder style buckets for each student this year. We use them as their personal book bins during reading groups. They help up well and have high sides so the kids' things didn't fall out. I know reallygoodstuff has a lot to choose from. Not sure if they are out of your price range, but they've been worth our investment!
SeaTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote

Snappy

Old 06-06-2010, 10:38 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I always look at the $1 stores first. Sometimes they have really nice large baskets that fit books nicely.
Snappy is offline   Reply With Quote

busybee4

Lakeshore Learning is having a great sale
Old 06-06-2010, 10:40 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

http://www.lakeshorelearning.com/pro...=1275849533934
busybee4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Irish

Get good ones...
Old 06-06-2010, 03:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I bought some really cheap ones at the dollar store. This was the first year I decided to use book boxes. I was not sure how the kids would take to them. The kids loved their book boxes. We are in our last week of school and many of them are all broken apart but they still have their books in them . I am going to get better ones next year. My point is buy some really sturdy ones.

Irish is online now   Reply With Quote

iluv2teach2

Old 06-06-2010, 03:44 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I agree with the previous poster about finding the plastic ones at Really Good Stuff. I also found some at Steps to Literacy. They were a little bit cheaper there. I personally like the plastic ones because they aren't destroyed that easily. The cardboard ones are available at Calloway House.

Last edited by iluv2teach2; 06-06-2010 at 04:08 PM.. Reason: to add something
iluv2teach2 is offline   Reply With Quote

SDNana

book tubs
Old 06-06-2010, 06:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I ordered 6 sets of the Lakeshore ones to store my leveled books in. This year I started having the kids keep their books in gallon ziplock bags in their desks for their independent reading time. This cut down on kids getting up to get their tubs/put their tubs away and also opened up lots of room in my classroom. The bags held up really well and were easily replaceable if they became torn. The kids keep the books from their guided reading groups as well as free choice books at their level in the bags. They book shop one day a week for leveled books. It has worked very well for me. I am looking forward to the new Lakeshore ones as the ones I have been keeping my leveled readers in are getting quite worn. Besides I like the colored Lakeshore ones better than the clear Rubbermaid ones!
SDNana is offline   Reply With Quote

relax

Just ordered them
Old 06-06-2010, 06:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I went to the Lakeshore site and ordered the book bins. I also found some good free reproducibles, including time and money games that I will send home for kids to use over the summer.
relax is offline   Reply With Quote

fly guys girl

Thank you Busybee4!
Old 06-06-2010, 07:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

I have been sharing a classroom this year and next year I get my own room! I was all set on spending a lot of money on baskets (close to $300), but I saw your response about the basket bins being on sale at Lake Shore learning and I spent half of that! A colleague spent approx. $5.00 on each of her white baskets, so I thought $4.00 for the colored baskets was good... but I got my Lake Shore baskets for less than $2.00 a colored basket! And I bought double the amount of baskets! I am soo excited about putting together my library next year... Thank you once again for sharing!
fly guys girl is offline   Reply With Quote

MNPolly

Ikea
Old 06-08-2010, 08:38 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

I always go to IKEA and buy the cardboard magazine organizers for the students personal book boxes and categories such as "Space" or "Water Animals" and then to Walmart for some bigger plastic ones for my "Fantasy" and "Non-fiction" book bins.
MNPolly is offline   Reply With Quote

LakeTeacher

Book Baskets
Old 07-03-2010, 11:25 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

I use Sterilite white baskets for my classroom library and they are holding up very nicely and are easy to clean and label. I use Rubbermaid ice cube bins for my kids' reading bins/browsing boxes (whatever you want to call them) and they have held up very well also. My leveled books are housed in colored bins which fit inside a rolling cart from Calloway House. The bins are very similar to ice cube bins, but are a little thicker and longer. They have a LIFETIME guarantee.
LakeTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote