Parent Teacher Display - ProTeacher Community

kristen_teach

Parent Teacher Display
Old 11-07-2006, 08:47 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I have a bulletin board without anything cute on it. Parent Teacher conferences are next week. What is something cute I could have my students quickly make to put on it?

I already have a board with their writing, another with math vocab. words and student examples of math problems, and a board with information about our reading "theme" and skills. I am planning on having their science projects on display. I don't want anything permanent, just something to get us through these conferences.

kristen_teach is offline   Reply With Quote

karrie

Old 11-07-2006, 08:57 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

you could
~have them write a short poem
~an acrostic
~a senses poem(give them hot chocolate and then describe it with senses)
~ write some metaphors or similes or personifications,
~ have them write who/what they are thankful for the most
~do a quick art project using the Fall leaves (if you live in that type of area)

Hope that helps ya...
~Karrie
karrie is offline   Reply With Quote

CageyBee

BB for Conferences
Old 11-08-2006, 05:29 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

What about doing a title like, "Mrs. ____, Be sure to mention that I..." and then have each child list the things s/he hopes you tell his/her parent or guardian? You could have them do this writing on bordered paper or plain paper mounted on construction paper in the shape of an ear as if they are whispering the big news.

Or use paper that looks like the front of a newspaper and have them write the headlines news their parents should know about their perfomance in major areas like science news, ss, math, reading, behavior, etc.

Or give out giant stars and have them write the area in school they really shine in with a title like "I Really Shine When..." or "I am a Stellar...."

I always have some writing available for parents to read and enjoy. Plus, you don't need to do corrections if you are pressed for time or want a true sample. That way, you could refer to the board when you are trying to tell the parents that the child does do well in spelling, identifying types of sentences, etc. when tested but may not always be careful enough to apply it in every day situations. Very effective for making a point. Just be sure to alert the children about how everyone will be seeing an example of their writing so they need to work carefully and proofread before handing it in.
CageyBee is offline   Reply With Quote

GB

Turkey feathers
Old 11-08-2006, 10:47 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Offer students a large turkey feather and art supplies. Think of creative ways to individually decorate their "feather" (a feather shape that is copied on bright construction paper like red or yellow helps).

Put a turkey face in the middle and put up all the decorated "feathers" behind. Just say Happy Thanksgiving or Turkey Time-whatever.

It turns out really cute.
GB is offline   Reply With Quote

starteach

Letter
Old 11-08-2006, 07:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

We're working on letter writting, so i just had my kids quick write a note to their parents about what they like so far, what they are proud of, why they love their parents..ect. and then posted them up. It was very simple if you are pressed for time

starteach is offline   Reply With Quote