Make-n-Take Nights Ideas for parents - ProTeacher Community

sharekinder

Make-n-Take Nights Ideas for parents
Old 06-22-2010, 12:43 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

This fall I'm intersted in hosting "Make-n-Take" Night for parents. I'm looking for ideas I can use across the curriculum (Language Arts, Math & Science)Thought I'd see if any of you had hosted anything like this before. Thanks!

sharekinder is offline   Reply With Quote

imafive

Old 06-22-2010, 12:47 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

www.filefolderfun.com

free to join
imafive is offline   Reply With Quote

funkid

Make and take...
Old 06-22-2010, 04:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

How about memory games? You could do sight words, letters, color words, or what ever. Have precut 3 inch card stock for them to make the cards and then lists of options and the rules for playing. Just a thought
funkid is offline   Reply With Quote

Originalkat

Old 06-22-2010, 06:52 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

If you google Hubbard's Cubbard Family Night you will find some great ideas for Family Nights. There are two themes...If you Give A Mouse A Cookie and Kindergarten Rhyme Time.
You could just choose one or two of the activities. A lot of them mix math and literacy activities. (There are Photos of some activities) Some of the activities from the Kindergarten Rhyme Time theme are adapted on the Pre-K Pages site under Family Night VERY CUTE PICTURES AND IDEAS!
Originalkat is offline   Reply With Quote

pianowoman41

I think I may make "Keep Boxes" this year
Old 06-23-2010, 07:36 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

as a parent-child activity. Just have to decide which evening to schedule it. I am collecting used washing detergent boxes with plastic handles, or other sturdy boxes that handles can be added to. I have wallpaper sample books, buttons, ribbon, scrapbooking shapes, etc., to embellish boxes. Parents learn about keep books when school begins because we send home a phonics reader each week as well as other printable readers (like the ones at hubbardscupboard.org, or the few I have made for my site (maggieskindercorner.com). I also have the little printable books from Scholastic. These are books students are requested to read out of fifteen minutes 3 days a week with a parent or relative. I think I may do the wallpaper coverings before hosting the activity, then have parents and students to use glue dots to attach things to them. I may never do it again, but I think it would be a fun thing to do with parents with their children.

pianowoman41 is offline   Reply With Quote

CrayolaGal

Curriculum Night
Old 06-29-2010, 11:42 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Our kindergarten team hosts an annual curriculum night where parents are introduced to each part of the curriculum (read aloud, shared reading, guided reading, writing workshop, math, science, social studies, etc.). Some of the centers provide make-n-take activities such as name puzzles, rainbow writing, Everyday Math games (we use the Everyday Math program), etc.
CrayolaGal is offline   Reply With Quote